Media Blame Donald Trump for Man’s Death After Ingesting Fish Tank Cleaner

drcube . . .

Well, I guess if you were scared enough and had enough faith in Trump, maybe you would take it.

You will have to speak for yourself on this drcube.
Not for me.

1 Like

I wasn’t speaking for you. I was speaking for the man who died and his wife. And who knows how many others that would do this without understanding the consequences.

Yep he said they have a real good chance hopefully they will work.How is that even close to what this woman said? Seriously the levels to which the media are willing to stoop to through blame this president has no low bar…disgusting.TDS on steroids!

TDS is a mental illness. Of that, I’m convinced.

3 Likes

drcube . . .

I wasn’t speaking for you. I was speaking for the man . . .

drcube . . .

who knows how many others that would do this without understanding the consequences.

I do. Zero.

It was colossal stupidity eating or drinking fish bowl cleaner.
This is not the fault of the President.

(But ya know drcube. Maybe Putin put Trump up to it. So ya never know.)

Hint: If a kid falls off his rope swing and dies, it is not the fault of Johnny Weissmuller either.

3 Likes

President Trump could cure cancer, and the media would STILL find some way to diss him.

It’s too bad this couple didn’t have the good sense to realize that similar products are NOT exactly the same, and while one product, administered properly by a medical professional might help them, another, which they know little about and administer to themselves, could possibly kill them.

Common sense isn’t common. That’s not our president’s fault.

4 Likes

I mean, he said what he said, it is a matter of public record and @drcube has provided a nice quote. The language was irresponsible, and misinterpretation predictable. The president should not be using the bully pulpit to say he hopes people start using certain medication immediately.

All I am saying is that I can see someone who is desperate enough might try it. I am not blaming Trump, nor the media, but I can’t help but wonder exactly what the point of that poorly thought out tweet was. Who was his audience? If he thought it could be a gamechanger, then you talk to the people that work in the executive branch. There was really no need to go public with a tweet like that.

Well, it’s hard to put the number at zero since we are already at two.

Who do you think his audience was? It obviously wasn’t the FDA.

drcube . . .

I was speaking for the man who died and his wife. And who knows how many others that would do this without understanding the consequences.

Bold mine.

Later drcube . . .

Well, it’s hard to put the number at zero since we are already at two.

To the readers here. Like I said. This is self-evident. I rest my case.

Oh ok so now the president should include a disclaimer for the benefit of those who are either lacking in good judgement,intellect or both🙄

2 Likes

No, he shouldn’t be using the bully pulpit to give advice on medication.

1 Like

It isn’t trash!
The couple apparently listen to Trump, heard TRUMP’S NONESENSE, and acted irrationally by considering it more than a rant.
That said, the media did a service. Listen to the doctors not Trump on medicine

They drank fish bowl cleaner! For goodness sakes…something is not right there!

They THOUGHT it contained the chemical Trump mentioned as a possible cure. It’ didn’t. It contained chloroquine phosphate. THEY CONFUSED the chemical with hydroxychloroquine, the antimalaria drug that’s shown promising results in treating coronavirus patient. If you are going to those extremes something is not right with yourself. Although I’d like to know why the wife survived and gave it to her husband, and was fine enough to respond after a day of ingesting it herself.

4 Likes

He was doing his daily briefings.Informing the public as to what is going on re this issue. I’m so sick and tired of the constant criticism of this president by those so entrenched in their TDS they never miss a chance to pounce on him. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::rage:
To that I say get a new hobby!

2 Likes

You’ve said you rest your case twice now but haven’t really even explained what your case is. You claim it will be zero, but given that two people have already done it, it’s hard to be confident that it will be zero. Hopefully, by covering this story, people will learn from it and not do it. Unless they consider the media to be fake, which might cause them to do it anyway.

And you expect people to take you seriously?

Hey check this out: https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-a-gallon-of-gasoline-is-turned-to-water-during-the-combustion-process

Now hopefully, no one who feels dehydrated and drinks 93 octane blames quora. I am sure you would, honest broker that you are.

3 Likes

That’s fine, just don’t listen to any of Trump’s medical advice.

Now, how does that add to the conversation?

Well, hopefully Trump doesn’t tweet about it then.

Honestly, he should not be hyping untested drugs in a crisis.
It created a shortage for conditions it is meant for. It is far from a solution.
In short, it’s a dumb thing to put within the trappings of a public health announcement.
Likely he thought it might help markets but that isn’t a good excuse.
I think it more constructive to identify dumb things so he stops and thinks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.