"Mediator"?

Don’t even non-Catholic Christians take comfort in their pastors and their Chuch? Y’all know we’re not islands so if Jesus gives some the gift of forgiveness of sins and to offer His eternal sacrifice to you then let it be. If you have gifts of the Spirit, offer them too. Aren’t we all “mediators” when we share the joy of knowing Jesus and our blessings with others?

God doesn’t offer “some” the forgiveness of sins and the Eucharist. He wants us ALL to receive these sacraments and the graces that go along with it.

A mediator is One who stands between God and man to beg for mercy and temper God’s justice. We can be intercessors, but there is one Mediator.

“Christ died for all; that they also who live, may not now live to themselves, but unto him who died for them, and rose again.” (2 Cor 5:15)

This is a claim that only a mediator could qualify. Faith is ‘heavenly courtroom’ tested evidence that he did indeed qualify it, and that those that participate may intercede with him.

Christ is the new Adam and center of our new exodus into heaven…Mary, the new Eve, is the mirror (cf. Redemptoris Mater, 25; citation 96) in which we see this center. Our center as “partakers of the divine nature” (2 Pt 1:4)

amor sui usque ad contemtum Dei self-love to the point of contempt for God - that is the Augustinian principle that had its origin in the old Adam. Under submission to Pilate, Jesus gave all of his agape to the point of contempt of self.

“And as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive.” (1 Cor 15:22)

Ultimately, humans seek comfort about their eternal destiny. The point of this thread is that non-Catholic theology often tries to imply that Catholics are missing the concept of the mediation by Jesus because we have priests. However, in reality non-Catholics have mediation that comes from their pastors and fellowship that gives them comfort regarding their faith and beliefs and perhaps often their relationship with God. Non-Catholics don’t find comfort by living with their Bible alone, they accept the comfort of the churches that provide agreed upon interpretations and pastors that comfort them that their beliefs and practices are the “way” to God. So in practice, non-Catholic Christianity involves much “mediation” by people. Even preaching the Gospel itself is a form of “mediation”. Billy Graham (whom I respect) certainly acted as a mediator.

This narrower sense of mediation is a good point. Thank you.

Yet, I would maintain that in the mind of a non-Catholic, their church, fellowship, and their theology itself becomes a “wall of mediation” that fills the role of mediator (from their perspective) that you describe. This may be largely subconscious to them so perhaps illustrating this can be helpful.

Hi!
…can you expand, I don’t get your post? :o:o:o

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi, I think you mean intercession–which is done by everyone and for the Body of Christ… though I concur with you in the fact that non-Catholics hold certain “objections” (which are really judgments) against the Church, which are based, mostly, on anti-Catholic sentiments, while, simultaneously, practicing the very same acts which they frown upon when practiced by Catholics. :whacky::whacky::whacky:

Maran atha!

Angel

Yes, that is the point - thank you. :slight_smile:

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.