Medical Student Auctioning Off Virginity, Highest Bidder At $550,000

lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/30/medical-student-auctioning-off-virginity-highest-bidder-at-550000/

– An American medical student is auctioning off her virginity to the highest bidder, and although the top offer currently stands at $550,000 – she says she does not need the money.
Using the alias “Elizabeth Raine” and operating a blog entitled, “Musings of a Virgin Whore,” the 28-year-old self-proclaimed virgin said she is willing to submit to a medical examination or polygraph as proof to the winning bidder, which will be determined when bidding concludes on May 7.
The blonde “Med School Virgin” writes that she has attended “excellent private schools,” has a bachelor’s degree and is currently a student in a combined MD/PhD program at a “leading university.” The auction website “About Me” section says that she was born in the U.S. but spent much of her time growing up abroad.
She writes on her blog that she is not using the auction “to earn status, money, or feed my own ego.” However, she does note that she obviously wants the financial benefit.

This is the third or fourth time I have read articles about college students offering their virginity for a price.

How does this differ from prostitution?

[quote]telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4222155/Student-auctions-off-virginity-for-offers-of-more-than-2.5-million.html

A student who is auctioning her virginity to pay for a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy has seen bidding hit £2.5million ($3.7m).

Natalie Dylan, 22, claims her offer of a one-night stand has persuaded 10,000 men to bid for sex with her.
Last September, when her auction came to light, she had received bids up to £162,000 ($243,000) but since then interest in her has rocketed.
The student who has a degree in Women’s Studies insisted she was not demeaning herself.
Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.
She said she had had a lot of attention from a wide range of men, including “weirdos”, “those who get really graphically sexual about what they want to do to me” and “lots of polite requests from rich businessmen”.
[/quote]

First article I saw was in 2009 so price has gone down, it seems.

The 19-year-old offered her virginity to the highest bidder in an online auction and said there had been more than 1,200 bids.

“I have accepted an offer in excess of $45,000, which is way beyond what I dreamed,” the student said on her web page when the auction ended.

abc.net.au/news/2010-02-03/student-sells-virginity-for-45k/320840

And this student in 2010 from New Zealand, only got $45,000. It is not uncommon for college girls to prostitute themselves for tuition.

Exactly.

The money’s better? :rolleyes:

According to the article, it’ll take place in Australia to avoid legal trouble.

The problem is, I think solicitation still counts. And I believe all that’s required is that the server be placed in the U.S. I could be mistaken on that.

Either way, clearly a confused young girl who needs our prayers.

This is disgusting. This girl does need prayers. She is committing a gravely sinful act.

Good one.

Apparently she supports the destigmatization of prostitution. I wonder if she realizes the loss of freedom that’s associated with prostitution. I’m no social worker but I’d bet many would prefer not to do it but feel forced due to their economic situation or struggles with addiction. Also, let’s not forget that many are actually slaves in the most literal sense. It’s most certainly not about exploring sexuality or other such nonsense.

I’m all for the destigmatization and possible decriminalization (I’m not to keen on putting these broken women in jail) but celebrating it is not the way to go about it. Compassion and helping them get out of that life would be a better approach. I think we need a reviaval of the old school feminists that demanded women not be treated like objects.

Really??? I believe the men need our prayers also. They are just as guilty, if not more!:eek:

Which begs an interesting question, who is more guilty?

Without her selling her virginity on the marketplace, there would be no market.

She says she doesn’t need the money.

I’m more than a bit frightened for her. What sort of man does she think will be the “winner”? She’s describing this as a “mysterious adventure.” Indeed. Men interested in paying to strip her of her virginity: high quality guys, I’m sure. At best she’ll get someone who treats her like meat and at worse, she’ll get a freak who isn’t opposed to causing serious mental and physical damage to her.

Seems to me like this is the wrong question.

I was born to soon.I spent most of my teen years trying to give my virginity away.Now people are selling it!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I remember the movie indecent proposal and she was married and I think it was for $1, 000, 000.00.

Do you think she is telling the truth that she doesn’t need the money?
Why sell your virginity if you don’t need the money?
Does it mean so little to her after saving herself for so many years?
What kind of man will win the bid? There is no guarantee he will be handsome and young and in good shape like robert redford.

I hope she specified only men could bid. You never know in this day and age!

Yes but in that case Demi Moore’s character was married (to Woody Harrelson, if I believe?) so she wasn’t auctioning off her virginity, just sexual favors. Not that that’s not bad too.

There’s an early Pedro Almodovar movie (maybe “Pepi, Luci, Bom and Other Girls like Mom”?) in which Carmen Maura is trying to auction her virginity to the highest bidder – which is such a strange and repulsive notion I never forgot it, although I can’t remember anything else about the film.

Yes. I mentioned she was married so she was not receiving money in the same way the medical student plans to.

I have never heard of the movie you mention in your post though.

No one can put a price on her because she is a priceless creation of God created in His image and likeness. She’s worth His passion, death and resurrection.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.