Medjugorje...

I had a conversation with someone two days ago that told me the reason why the Church has not officially approved the apparitions in Medjugorje.

He said that years ago there was something like an ethnic cleansing that took place and there are bodies buried under Apparition Hill or one of the hills.

I have never heard anything like this before. Please help me. This is bothering me very much.

Thank you, Franci

Without hard evidence to substantiate such claims, it would be unjust to give credence to these allegations. There is no need to base one’s opinion of the alleged apparitions at Medjugorje on them. Far better to consider what the Church has actually said through properly-constituted authorities than to base rejection of the apparitions on unsupported hearsay.

At this time, the alleged apparitions at Medjugorje are unapproved by the Church. For the current status of the investigation I recommend the following document by the Bishop of Mostar-Duvno, ordinary for the diocese in which Medjugorje is located:

Medjugorje: Secrets, Messages, Vocations, Prayers, Confessions, Commissions
by the Most Rev. Ratko Peric

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.