"Meet the Robinsons"

I took my kids (6 & 3) to see “Meet the Robinsons” on Saturday.

Finally! A Disney animated movie that you don’t have to wonder how many of the adult-aimed jokes the kids “got”. Either this is the “cleanest” kids movie I’ve seen in a while, or the adult jokes went over MY head.

Great movie. The trailers don’t do it justice. From the trailers, I thought it looked horrible. It’s also a movie that focuses on FAMILY and wanting to belong. This is what kids movies SHOULD be like more often. As I read somewhere else, it’s like “Back to the Future” meets “The Incredibles”.

If you have kids and are questioning whether to take them because the trailer looks so bad, don’t be afraid. It really is a good movie with a GREAT story (for a change).

Unfortunately, both kids had to use the restroom in the 10 minutes where they “revealed” all the secrets. Luckily, I was able to pick up on them quickly after getting back to our seats.

I give it a 7 out of 10, maybe even a little higher.

Yeah I noticed the advertising campaign wasn’t that good for this movie. I don’t know if they had originally plan to do 3-D but it seems they slapped it on to draw larger crowds. Well I’ll check it out now because commercials don’t always do a movie justice:thumbsup:

I also enjoyed the movie.

I highly recommend it.

Not only was it a good, clean movie, Lewis’ mom also chose LIFE. :thumbsup:

:yup:

I think the trailer to this movie is hilarious…I can’t help but laugh hysterically when the dinosaur says “I got a big head, and little arms…” :rotfl: Its just the way he says it and the look on his face when he says it thats so funny. My bf thinks its funny too. That along with the other good comments I’ve heard about this movie make me want to see it now. :smiley:

I LOVE that part in the trailer. I said it today at work when I was trying to reach something. I had 'em rolling b/c they’d all seen the trailer. I’m glad that it is getting good reviews as a family movie! I can’t wait to see it!

The movie mentioned abortion?

Catholig

No, but the main character lives at an orphanage.

During the movie it shows the mom leaving her baby there.

It was a great opportunity to talk to my son about the fact that the mother didn’t think that she could care for the boy, but felt that they at the orphanage could.

Oh okay

Just a warning to parents of adopted children: review the plot ahead of time, to make sure your children can “handle” it. It’s a good conversation starter for abandonment issues, just be ready for the questions and/or feelings that may follow.

As an adoptive parent, I chose not to take my young children to this movie. This is too much for them to digest. Plus it requires them to follow a long time to get to the parts that are positive about being adopted. Maybe it would be good for older adopted children. My friend who also has adopted children suggested that this movie might be better seen when it come on video. That way you can stop the movie and talk about any issues or answer any questions. The scene where the mother leaves her son on the porch of the orphanage is a tear jerker. Heck I was voting for him to find his birth mother for most of the movie. It is set up to for you to feel this way almost til the end of the movie. I didn’t see it in 3D though so I can’t comment on those type of visual effects.

Well I went and saw it and was highly impressed. It was very funny I found it highly enjoyable. Seeing it in 3-D was really cool to. Now that I read the post if you do have adopted children it might be good to first look at it to see if they could handle it because the movie did revolve around his orphan status and trying to find his mother. The parent would really have to be the one to review it though. If you can see it in 3-D I found it worth it plus the 3-D glasses are really cool:D Yeah that’s kindy dorky but hey thats me! I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 for overall entertainment value:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.