Meeting the parish priest properly for the 1st time

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

Further to my recent thread entitled, Seeking Full Communion with the Church, I have made further progress in seeking the Church. I have been attending Weekday Mass almost every day and recently purchased Rosary Beads. Yesterday, I introduced myself to a lady who is one of the Readers at Weekday Mass and she was so friendly and approachable. She recommended that I meet with the priest after Mass the next time I’m there. So I went to Mass again this morning and was immediately beckoned to sit with some of the regular parishioners as opposed to sitting at the very back on my own.

I almost wept at Mass today at the Liturgy of the Eucharist, it is so moving to feel Christ amongst His people and I felt so very close to Him today. In case you aren’t aware, my background was originally Presbyterian then Pentecostal so I always had strong faith in the existence of God and Who Jesus is but the Roman Catholic Church is beginning to feel like home to me. I have a zeal for Christ and cannot wait to be received into His Church and partake of the Eucharist for the very 1st time.

After Mass, I was introduced to the regular parishioners of the church and my parish is rather small so there were only 5 ladies present at Mass to meet. They were so friendly, welcoming and were delighted to hear of my plans to be received into the Church. I was then taken to meet the parish priest, who was so delightful and friendly. I briefly met him after Mass with my daughters school present but that was it. He gave me a little booklet entitled A SIMPLE PRAYER BOOK and asked me to read through it and if I had any questions, just to jot them in there and ask him about it. He said that I can take as long as I wish to join the Church and is delighted at my decision. He also said that he is more than happy to give me more literature - especially on RCIA - in the near future. He encouraged me to use the order of the Mass whenever I am at Mass too.

I then decided to sit and listen to the Rosary, which has totally blown me away. The mysteries and the Rosary is something I never fully understood and am looking forward to learning about. Once the ladies had finished saying the Rosary, they were only too happy to talk to me about my decision and wondered if I would join them sometime too.

At the moment, I am reading a book about the Early Church and it has opened my spiritual eyes and am now in total belief that the Church is the truest of all. I also attended my city’s cathedral to observe Mass there, it was amazing!! Words cannot describe how I felt when I left but my love for God has grown and am looking forward to learning more about the Church.

This is a decision that I haven’t taken lightly but I firmly believe that it is indeed the right one! Thanks for reading.

Welcome, Chezel. It sounds like grace is abounding in your life! I’m happy to hear that you’ve received such a warm welcome from members of your parish. Prayers for you as you continue your journey.

Welcome home Chezel. Praying to the Holy Spirit for your continued guidance & direction. God bless you on your journey home.

I am so happy to hear of the warm reception you have received. Best wishes in your journey to learn more about the Catholic Faith and perhaps be received into the Church someday.

Converts and potential converts always fill me with joy at their love for learning and their Faith.

Mary.

Welcome, Chezel! I’m a history buff, and reading about the early Church also helped nudge me along my path to the Catholic Church. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you’ve made a wonderful start on your journey, and I wish you many blessings. I’m attending RCIA in a vibrant parish, and I’ve just registered for a Bible study and a prayer study. I’m basically one big sponge, eagerly soaking up all I can. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your journey and the many blessings it will bring!

Great story and i wish you all the best on your journey. God bless you

Amen, place your conversion in God’s hands

Praise God! Thank you for coming here and sharing your story. It is wonderful to hear of how God is working in your life.

God bless you on your spiritual journey!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.