Meeting with my ex, please pray

Hello

In a few hours time I will be meeting up with my ex boyfriend. It will be the first time in 3 months (since we split) that we’ve had a sober conversation face to face.
I am very nervous, scared, worried, hopeful, anxious etc about what will happen and what will be said. I’m scared incase I get my hopes up because everything I’m positive something makes me sad, but I’m scared incase I’m too negative and it makes nothing good happen.

Ideally he would tell me he’d like to try again, but I don’t think this will happen. I want to at least salvage a friendship so please ask God for His will to be done tonight and that if we are supposed to get back together I will at least have some hope for the future from tonights meeting as I’m aware it might not be the right time now but that time might come in the future so if that is whats supposed to happen then pray I’m not disheartend. However on the other hand if we’re not supposed to get back together ever again then please pray that I can see that. Either way I’d like tonight to bring some clarity on the issue for me because I feel so confused/low about the whole thing and I just want him back :frowning:

Thank you.
God bless you all
x

Lord, I pray that Milletsmo has a good meeting with her ex-boyfriend. I pray that she and he can communicate honestly their feelings about each other and get back together as a couple, if this is your will. If it is not your will that they be boyfriend and girlfriend together, I pray that they both will be able to be good friends and support each other in a happy, healthy relationship of mutual respect, love, commitment, self-sacrifice and honesty. Then maybe one day they can be a couple, when they are more matured in their relationship with each other and when it would be your will for them to be a couple together. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying hard for you and your ex-boyfriend.

I am praying for you.

Are you sure you want this? :shrug: It seems to me that if something broke you up before, it will still be an obstacle for you now. The fact that you said that this will be your first sober conversation in 3 months worries me. Does your ex drink? You deserve somebody who can be there for you and take care of you. Don’t do it to boost your self-esteem if your conscience is telling you this could be a set up for you to be hurt again. I promise you that you will find somebody perfect for you that will treat you like you deserve to be treated. :thumbsup:

Praying for you …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. We met and we didn’t discuss us we just acted as friends would. He seemed nervous about it which is good - at least it wasn’t just me nervous. I really feel like one day we’ll get back together. I hope it doesn’t take too long though!

I’m positive I want this, just because we broke up once does not mean we can’t work through our problem. Thank you for your reply but remember you have no idea how or why we broke up so I’m sorry but I don’t think you’re able to make statements like that.
Also I said it was our first sober conversation FACE TO FACE. That is because I live at the opposite end of the country for Universtiy. We’ve had sober conversations on the internet/phone but we had only seen each other 4 times since the split prior to tonight and all 4 times we either at a party or on a night out.
We were (and I believe still are) perfect for each other. We were together for nearly 3 years and were best friends. Everyone, family, mutual friends, people who barely knew us, everyone, believed we were right for each other and that we should never have broke up. I am certainly not going after him to “boost my self esteem” thanks.

Lord may Your loving hopes for the lives of these two people be fulfilled.

Praying that what you want comes to fullfillment…

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Still praying.

Thank you for your prayers everyone.
I’m really wishing I could fast forward 3 weeks to the music festival we’re going to together (with 4 other friends) apart from it being fun, it’ll be 5 days of us being together so I’m hoping something can happen then to remind him of how good we were together. Please God! haha.

God bless you all
xx

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Thank you all for the continued prayers.
I am doing my best to stay positive without getting my hopes up, but as there is a very very fine line between the two I am scared incase I am setting myself up for a fall. However I am trying my best to have faith in my gut instincts and in what I believe God has been/is trying to tell me.
God bless you all.
xxx

Loving God, my prayers are primarily, “the cry of the poor” of an ordinary, fallible person, seeking to intercede for others and trying to be good. I cry out to Your heart and power in so many ways, while trying carefully to understand Your ways graciously.
…And yet, our God, am I not mistaken in my accustomed poor appraisal of myself? I am created in Your image! You have astonishing love for me and for each person, therefore I, and they, are surely astoundingly beautiful and good!
You wish to give so much! Then, let me, let us, receive!

Thanks. Today is very hard because I’m back at university. I hate it, and I’m so used to looking forward to a visit from him. While technically hes visiting in 3 weeks just before the festival it won’t be the same. Sigh.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Thank you again.

Yesterday really upset me as it was exactly one month until what should be our three year anniversary. I'm really upset by this as I miss him so much. I really think I've got some form of depression.
I try to be positive and look at the good, but it doesn't work. I will see him in two weeks time for a least 5 days and I know I'm getting my hopes up. I really try not to get my hopes up but I can't help it. I don't understand this we were so perfect for each other. I know that I will NEVER stop loving him but I don't know how I will cope with these feelings if he doesn't come back to me. I really hope something happens in two weeks that we either get back together or theres signs that it will happen in the not too distant future.
I am trying to distract myself with my studies, the gym, friends etc but I think this is really effecting my school work instead. I don't really have many good friends, especially at uni and the ones I do have are very busy with work (like I should be really) so its hard to see people often. I am just so lonely.
I really wish I could get over this but I know I won't, I know I'll always love him so I really hope we get back together. Please Lord!

God bless
x

I feel a bit more calm now that I've had a cry and said some prayers.
I know you might think I'm crazy but part of me genuinley belives God has given me a sign that we will get back together (He just obviously hasn't told me when) but I feel like I have doubts and am affraid of getting my hopes up etc because the devil is playing with my insecurities. However if I think this way am I setting myself up for a fall and playing into the devil's hands or am I listening to God? I want to believe fully that I am listening to God but I am scared!
Thank you
xxx

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

I have been doing ok the past few days, though certain songs on the tv and things do still set me off.
This morning however I feel really down. Its probably due to lack of sleep. Please pray for me to find peace. Less than two weeks till we go to the festival now. We have a spare ticket so its a bit stressful because its a lot of money to cover if we can’t find anyone to go with us (theres 5 of us in total but needs to be 6). I really hope we get that sorted, but most importantly I really hope we either get back together or I know that one day we will do. I’m sick of second guessing and trying to be positivie when I’ clearly getting my hopes up - I can’t seem to be positive without getting my hopes up though. please pray that I’m not setting myself up for a fall.

Thankyou

God bless
x

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.