Meeting with Vocations Director tomorrow!

I have a meeting tomorrow with my diocese’s vocations director tomorrow about my possible vocation to priesthood, and I’m really nervous. What do I say? What will I be asked? :confused::confused:

Pray for me!

I would just be myself, answer his questions honestly. I imagine he will want to get to know you some and ask some basic questions of you, like your background, about your faith, why you want to be a priest etc… If you have questions that have not been answered, by all means, ask. It will probably turn out to be more like a conversation.

Although I am not Catholic, I am in the discernment process within the Anglican tradition. I do think the processes may be similar.

Relax and share what is on your heart…

and I will be praying for you.

First, simply be honest. It’s the best course of action, no matter what. As for the questions, here’s some that my vocation director asked the first time I met him.

1. Why do you feel called to the priesthood?
  2. How did you come to this conclusion?
  3. What’s your prayer life like?
  4. Where are you currently in life?
  5. What sort of education have you had?
  6. What’s your family like?

In general, the vocation director will just want to get an idea of what sort of person you are, and how you came to be so.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.