meez.com

I curious to know if anyone is familiar with this site.

I have visited it and created my own meez (for free) but that’s about it. I don’t know if, of the dozens of choices you have, if there is anything inapproprate that a young innocent might find.

I know my 13 year old daughter would enjoy it but I don’t want her to uncover a “whole new world”…:confused:

Anyone familiar? Is it safe and reputable? Especially for young teens?

My sister is into something similar… my only concern would be with what kind of fasions and styles they are promoting for girls to wear? I took a brief look, and saw “Thug Girl Makeup”??? That set off a bit of a warning bell for me… Do they have modest clothing options, that kind of thing? It could harmless dressup, or it could be promoting an image of women that perhaps you don’t want your daughter to emulate, I don’t know…

I don’t think I was very helpful, but hopefully it’ll give you a few things to think about. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this a while ago, and noticed a LOT of the t-shirts have either pro-death or pro-gay slogans on them. :mad: . So I never went back.

Oy. That’s what I was looking for. I didn’t see anything like that but I didn’t look at every single item.

Yeah theres some things that aren’t too good on there. I have an Meez account too, and for instance there are pro-choice t-shirts but no pro-life ones. I assume the ideology around that is for pro-life they have clothing that includes a “pregnant belly”. It is a lot of fun though.

Well, that clinches that then. No meez for my baby!!!

To each their own

I’m on meez, its fun and theres nothing bad in it at all.:bounce:

I just made my own meez last night. I tried to model it closely to what I wear and do at work…

My eyebrows are nowhere near that dark and bushy, though…and I’m not that thin. HA!

Cool. some of mine…

http://images.meez.com/user15/07/07_10017246980.gif

btw, for the OP there is an option to shop by themes. You could still let your daughter on meez.com but limit the themes she’s allowed to use. Also, does she have Yahoo mail? Yahoo has avatars which are similar to meez but more concervative.

Thanks all. Maybe it’s not so bad. I shot from the hip in an earlier post.

So you think it’s OK for a 13 year old?

(I do plan on browsing around more myself, but I love to do what I call “taking a poll” and see what everyone else thinks of it).

Thanks again!:slight_smile:

I think it would be alright as long as you checked up on her profile every once and a while. A poll would be a good idea as well.

Sounds good. Thanks for all your input.

Your welcome

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.