Mehmet Ali Agca Converts?

“Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turkish man who nearly assassinated Pope John Paul II in May 1981, says he has converted to Catholicism.”

ncregister.com/daily/ali_agca_converts/

If this is true, I think it counts as miraculous intercession…:slight_smile:

:heart: Love is Patient

I hope it is true but I wouldn’t put a great deal of faith in what he says…I think he is ill and not the best source of the truth

Italian weekly Diva e people donna published the letter, French journal 7s7 reports.

“I am looking for an Italian woman, who wants to correspond with me. Obviously (I hope) she is Catholic because from May 13 2007, I decided to renounce the Muslim faith and becoming a member of the Roman Catholic Church,” Agca writes.

“I have decided to return peacefully to the (St Peter’s) square and to testify to the world of my conversion to Catholicism,” he says in the letter written in Italian.

Hmm… I wish Mr. Agca the best, but I would encourage any prospective girlfriend to be cautious.

[quote=AFP]Questioned by AFP in Turkey, his former lawyer Mustafa Demirbag, said he was “very skeptical” about the conversion, given the steps required to receive baptism.
[/quote]

cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=13368

This is a very troubled man.

That’s always good advice!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.