Mel Gibson & Fatima

I have heard rumors that Mel Gibson either bought the rights or is looking into buying the rights from ‘Icon’ productions (not sure if that’s correct) to produce a movie about Fatima. Has anyone else heard about this or have any information? I heard a bit on Catholic radio but the host could not say for sure if it was true. It seemed like something that came down through the grapevine…

Icon is Mel Gibson’s production company.

[quote=atsheeran]Icon is Mel Gibson’s production company.
[/quote]

:o oops…ehh…?? Sorry!

I have been doing some research and have found some info. I’ll keep digging around.

cathnews.com/news/503/44.php

I heard Mel address this on Hannity a few weeks back. It is a false rumor.

PF

I heard Mel address this on Hannity a few weeks back. It is a false rumor.

PF

It is NOT a false rumour! :slight_smile:

There is already a movie on Fatima it was released in the early fifties. I remember seeing it as a teenager. It was a very good movie. I know that sometimes churches get it to show.

Hmm… I don’t know how Mel Gibson could buy the rights from his production company to make a movie on Fatima.

The only official version on Fatima is that one given through the testimony of Sister Lucia and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco and since they are all deceased (but, gloriously are all in heaven with Our Lady and Jesus) I doubt the Catholic church will sell the rights to the “official” story anytime soon to anyone. :wink:

Perhaps Mel could purchase the rights to an “un-official” book on Fatima OR just go and make a movie on Fatima on his own.

Whatever happens I just hope that if he makes a movie on Fatima, that he stays away from the Father Gruner crowd that spreads errors on Fatima, as I stated in my other thread "Mel Gibson buying rights to “Stealing from Angels”.

God bless all :smiley:

[quote=Shoshana]It is NOT a false rumour! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Ok I’m confused…false or not?

[quote=Michael Howard]Ok I’m confused…false or not?
[/quote]

Michael:

Mel Gibson was on Sean Hannity’s radio show a few weeks (back just after this story first broke. Sean asked him abou this rumor and he said there was no truth to the rumor. A few other people here heard the broadcast.

The MSM reported the original story, but I have yet to heard any of them retract the story.

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Michael:

Mel Gibson was on Sean Hannity’s radio show a few weeks (back just after this story first broke. Sean asked him abou this rumor and he said there was no truth to the rumor. A few other people here heard the broadcast.

The MSM reported the original story, but I have yet to heard any of them retract the story.

PF
[/quote]

Hey thanks…I think I’ll leave it at that for now…

Keep your minds and hearts open…we shall see what we shall see!

[quote=Shoshana]Keep your minds and hearts open…we shall see what we shall see!
[/quote]

Thanks friend. Ya know I have a strange gut feeling Mel may be holding out on us concerning these issues. I could be wrong. If he is I absolelutely understand seeing what he had to endure with the "Passion"…but as you said we’ll see:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.