Mel Gibson, Girlfriend Make First Public Appearance!

Jerk. So much for being a good Catholic.

omg.yahoo.com/news/mel-gibson-girlfriend-make-first-public-appearance/21901?nc

Us Magazine - April 29, 2009 4:50 AM PDT
More than two weeks after his wife filed for divorce, Mel Gibson and girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva made their first public appearance at the X-Men Origins: Wolverine screening in L.A. Tuesday.

Holding hands, the 53-year-old actor – in a black suit with a dark gray shirt – and Grigorieva, 38, did not stop to pose for photographers, instead rushing inside Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

I don’t think that CA is a proper place for gossip - esp. about a notable Catholic. However, I do think that this news is sad. :frowning:

Mel has always been a publicly acknowledged Catholic. He built a Catholic Church of “his own” and filmed “The Passion of the Christ”. So I think he was definitely a “target” for the devil.

We are all subject to temptation. Rather than gossip about this, let us pray for Mel Gibson, his wife, their children, and this “new girl friend” so that Mel will reconcile with his wife and family and continue to be a good example to the public.

I think I read that he actually separated from his wife about three years ago.
Still this is sad news.

I read that too. I think they were trying to keep things quiet for their kids, their son is still young.

Jerk. So much for being a good Catholic.

It’s too bad it has come to this. I hate to see any marriage break up, but to have the whole world watching can’t make it any easier. Everyone feels they know what really went on and start calling names and judging! I would like to see them work things out, but I guess it might be too late for that. He shouldn’t be dating, he is still a married man, but that’s between him and God and really has nothing to do with me. I still have this plank in my own eye to worry about…

Didn’t he build a schismatic based church?
I’m sorry for him & his family,

I think the situation with Gibson is ok to talk about here. He does claim to be a Catholic and his behavior isn’t one what Catholics should follow. But you never know what goes on in a Marrage. You never know whose fault it really was.

You mean he didn’t just download it like everyone else?

And it’s sad, this gossip story (“More than two weeks”) makes it sound like it’s been a really long time already.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.