Memo outlines Obama’s plan to use the military against citizens

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/inside-the-ring-directive-outlines-obamas-policy-t/

Oh well… But hey we have free contraception, free abortions on demand and gay marriage and that is all that matters. We don’t need real freedom. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

“Marriage” … “Free”

“In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.

The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”

“Federal action, including the use of federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the federal property or functions,” the directive states.

Um… this is a new thing? Really? What was going to happen before this in the case of a gigantic state of emergency? They were gonna throw up their hands and say, “aw, shucks, no law on the books?” Let’s get real. Heck, Lincoln didn’t even use a law, he just did that anyway.

What’s funny is that a Republican President (Ike) literally wrote the book on this subject.

Which is why many people in Lincoln’s time (in the NORTH) called him a tyrant. But honestly, we’ve seen demonstrations get out of control. The actions of the so-called Occupy Movement disrupted traffic, etc. (oddly enough, the Tea Party had more violent rhetoric, but the Occupy Movement was more violent in action).

I think, though, that the fear is that the government tries infiltrate organizations - and it’s often believed that the disruptive actions during peaceful protests are, in fact, done by the government agents so that they have an excuse to “do something” to end the protest.

Look up COINTELPRO. I’ve been studying the military use of drones before the recent public disclosures regarding new designs. The UAVs are based on studies done in the1950s. All that was needed was for the weight, size and the price to come down, along with GPS.

If anyone studies demographics, you’ll see the majority of Americans lead predictable life patterns. Sure, a divorce here, or a job change there, or ending up on the street, are all possible. However, when one looks at the demographics of those who might cause “civil unrest,” we must include violent fringe political groups, foreign and domestic instigators, organized crime and organized immigrant communities with ties to foreign criminal or terrorist organizations. That’s all this is.

And yes, the government has been prepared since the very real Communist infiltration of this country was discovered in the 1940s.

Peace,
Ed

P.S.

Trust me. A drone will not be assigned to some overweight guy with a family who works a lot in a small business. “0:500 Hours: Subject took out trash. Weight problem increasing.” End Report."

Its all about control…if they were to cause a civil disturbance somehow…then they could use this rule to say “oh wow guess we have total control now…” and there you have it, a dictatorship is born. This rule is dangerous because it allows that possibility.

Study some history. It’s not that simple. Never has been. And people will do nothing? Is that it? Just go home, play some games and go to bed? I don’t think so.

Read some publicly available literature published by the military about current civil unrest scenarios. They - whoever “they” are - need public support. I was there in Detroit in the late 1960s when the National Guard was deployed during a major riot. All I saw on TV were jeeps with machine-guns mounted on them. We were told to stay indoors and not enter certain parts of the city. Fires, destruction of property, break-ins, theft. They all happened. Arrests were made. The “enemy” was mostly unidentified unless caught in the act. We’re talking about people in street clothes.

Peace,
Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.