Memorial of St. Pio

Seeing as this was a later add to the calendar, this memorial isn’t printed in the current LOTH. I didn’t see it in the supplement either. Do I need an updated supplement, or is there only one supplement that hasn’t even been updated?

Just use the Common of Pastors; that should be okay till the next supplement or edition comes out.

I have the collect for St. Pio in French and Latin, from Les Heures Grégoriennes which was published in 2008. Given his “newness” as it were, there are no proper antiphons or hymns so the common of Pastors (if using the Roman Calendar) or common of Saints (Religious) on the Monastic calendar can be used, or also the readings and gospel antiphon of the day with the collect. For those without the collect, the generic one from the common can be used.

However a quick search turned up this:

Collect: Almighty ever-living God, who, by a singular grace, gave the Priest Saint Pius a share in the Cross of your Son and, by means of his ministry, renewed the wonders of your mercy, grant that through his intercession we may be united constantly to the sufferings of Christ, and so brought happily to the glory of the resurrection. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

the ibrievery app has it updated I did the office of reading doing that

new translation coming soon should include it.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.