memorizing scripture

I would like to start memorizing more scripture, but I’m not sure what translation of the bible to use for this purpose, since if I’m memorizing it, I’m going to spend a lot of time praying and meditating on the translation I choose, so I’d like to pick a good one. right now I have the New American. Anything else that might also be a good choice?

RSV-CE is the most popular catholic bible.
douey-rheims if you wanna remember a more traditional sounding translation “thou art peter” thees, thous, dost, thine kinda stuff :slight_smile:
im all about the RSV-CE tho, (almost typed thou lol) and the second edition recently came out. maybe i’ll buy one… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I like the RSV-CE. Get whatever bible you know you’ll read. (If you get the Douay-Rheims, remember that the Psalms are numbered differently past a certain point).

[quote=Mordocai]RSV-CE is the most popular catholic bible.
douey-rheims if you wanna remember a more traditional sounding translation “thou art peter” thees, thous, dost, thine kinda stuff :slight_smile:
im all about the RSV-CE tho, (almost typed thou lol) and the second edition recently came out. maybe i’ll buy one… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[/quote]

I love the second edition. It has the bold-faced titles like the NAB instead of along the top of the page in italics, which for me makes it easier to find certain passages. I just bought the hard-back version today for about $30.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.