Memory...

St. Jude, patron of lost causes, and St. Anthony, patron of lost items, I ask for your prayers and intercessions before our Lord for the retrieval of the memory of my laptop. My hard drive crashed and is corrupt. My computer guru is in the process of “freezing” my hard drive in an attempt to retrieve any data which can be salvaged. I pray my documents, photos and music can be fully recovered and my 'puter will be made whole again.

Silly prayer, but some sentimental documents, and the photos I want to be retrieved are only images of rosaries and lanyards I make, and it sounds like I will be able to get my music from iTunes that I purchased, but it would make things so much less stressful if the data can be retrieve from my hard drive and re-installed on the new hard drive.

Along with our beloved Saints, I ask for all the wonderful people here to offer a quick prayer for my lowly intention.

A lowly prayer it may be, but a worthy prayer nonetheless. I am praying for the recovery of your computer’s memory, and with it your photographs, music, and other precious memories.

Believe me, I KNOW your pain!

Lord smile upon your humble servant Lamb Serenade, that one way or another the contents of the laptop may never be forgotten.

To your petitions I request the aid of St Isidore of Seville, patron saint of Computers.

Debbie, I’ll be praying for your intentions.

Praying for the return of your data. I can relate, there aren’t many days that go by that I don’t want to take a sledge hammer to my computer!

Lamb Serenade, For your prayer request:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

God Bless You

Just said a prayer for the speedy recovery of your computer.

Thank you all for your prayers. I still haven’t heard from my computer guru yet, so hopefully no news is good news!

Any suggestions via PM for back-up ideas are greatly appreciated. I need something easy and easy to remember (ha!) Need something for the home PC as well as my poor laptop.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Keeping your hopes for your laptop in prayer…

J†M†J
I will pray for your intentions in my rosary tonight.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Well, all is lost :crying: They weren’t able to retrieve any of my data. Now all I have to do is reinstall all of my added programs and retrieve some from the websites. First up, security software which is downloading as we speak.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Now pray for my ability to remember to back up my data!:newidea:

:eek: I feel for ya…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying all goes well from hereon in and you will remember to back up all your data!:slight_smile:

I recently purchased a SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash Drive at Wal-Mart which will hold 4GB of data. I back up all of my important stuff on it. The neat thing about it is you can take it with you when you travel and have your data if you need it. It fits into a USB port. Hope this helps.

Funny you posted this suggestion! Over the weekend I purchased two 2GB USB flash drives. Now I just have to get a routine down so I get it done on a regular basis.

I’m back to sing the praises of a software program I found to re-load my music from my iPod back into iTunes. I have been fretting and stewing since the hard drive crashed on my laptop over how I was going to get my purchases I didn’t have backed up onto disk back into my iTunes library since Apple is SOOOO helpful…**NOT!**I found a software program on line, did a bunch of reading about it and reading testimonials and decided to take the plunge and download it. I was literally shaking as I plugged my iPod into my computer for sheer fear of what was going to happen, and guess what???

I have my iTunes library back!!! It took about 10 minutes for the program to extract the music off of my iPod and back into iTunes! http://www.catholicforum.com/forums/mysmiliesvb/mysmilie_67.gifhttp://www.catholicforum.com/forums/mysmiliesvb/mysmilie_65.gifhttp://www.catholicforum.com/forums/images/smilies/jiggy.gif

They have other programs available as well that look equally interesting and I may decide to add to what I just purchased, but only after I get my heart rate, blood pressure, the tremor in my hands calmed down, and a good nights sleep under my belt before I take any further leaps of faith with my iPod.

So anyone who wants a little insurance policy for your iTunes/iPod music, check out Copytrans HERE and see what you think. Read through the products & downloads as well as the testimonials. Boy I’m a believer!

Praying for you Lamb :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.