Men And Honesty

Why is it so difficult for some men to be themselves and completely honest with their wives? :confused:

A perspective from men would really help.:thumbsup:

Lord I pray that my husband will feel comfortable in being himself with me. Amen

God Bless :slight_smile:

You should really have posted this question elsewhere…

However, I will pray now for you and your husband…

Father, please help fuzzled’s husband feel comfortable enough with her to be open and honest in his communications with her. Amen.

fuzzled-
It’s because our wives ask questions like, “Does this outfit make my butt look big?”

Seriously, it really depends on what you believe he is not being honest about, but in general, I think it’s because we don’t want to hurt our wive’s feelings or have them disappointed in us for what we think or how we feel. We know the wiring is different, and we realize that most of the time, we just don’t “get it” the way you think we should. If you have a problem, we’re not good at just listening most of the time, we want to fix it. And we’re sorry that we’re not good at that…

Perhaps you should repost this in the Family Life forum, forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.