Men give into sexual temptation easier than women, scientists say

**Men are likely to give in to the temptations of a beautiful woman while women work hard to resist the charms of a handsome man, a new study claims. **

The research found that even men who say they are committed to their wives and girlfriends are vulnerable to the advances of a flirt.
By contrast, women naturally see attractive single men as a potential danger and are less receptive to his come-ons.
The report concluded that men must form a plan of how to resist a good-looking temptress.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2303955/Men-give-into-sexual-temptation-easier-than-women%2C-scientists-say.html

I find wearing my wedding ring works wonders.

I’m sure its more than that, tomarin … although I’m sure it helps.

Wow, I’m sure glad these scientists are around to do research, much of it paid for with public funds, to tell us these things that nobody would otherwise know. :rolleyes:

Men are likely to give in to the temptations of a beautiful woman while women work hard to resist the charms of a handsome man, a new study claims.

In the words of the great philosopher Simpson, “well, doh!”

This is news?? What planet are these people from? I hope its not my taxes paying for this study…But it probably is.

Not unless you pay taxes to the British government. It’s a British study.

Actually, it is a Canadian study. The original link was from a UK newspaper, but the research was done by two Canadian universities.
ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080715/temptation_study_080715/20080715?hub=Health

My mistake. I thought it said something about the University of Leeds, but I must have imagined it.

So, if Roanoker lives in Canada, then his taxes may have paid for it.

Well, I pronounce it a waste of money study in any case…One would only have to ask any one and they would tell you the same … c’est logique;)

Those times when I have been pursued most aggressively it was by very married women in a professional environment. They said “no strings” would be a prominent part of the deal. My wedding band didn’t discourage them. It was a prerequisite.

I’m glad my wife of 30 years is still the sexiest, most beautiful woman in the world.

Yikes-a-mundo! :eek:

My wife says the way I dress is usually sufficient to keep temptation away from me.

Stop the presses.:yawn: I prefer the really shocking results, like when they found out men take looks into account choosing a wife, and that most people aren’t attracted to people they grew up with as sister and brother, and it’s depressing to lose your job or get divorced, or that teenagers are immature, or that old people start forgetting things, or that a lot of the time when a man offers to help you out he thinks he’s going to get something for it, or other really newsmaking stories like those.

:smiley: What do you wear?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.