Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women

Here’s another for the “water is wet” file:

The Telegraph:

Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women

The research shows men who spend even a few minutes in the company of an attractive woman perform less well in tests designed to measure brain function than those who chat to someone they do not find attractive.

Researchers who carried out the study, published in the Journal of Experimental and Social Psychology, think the reason may be that men use up so much of their brain function or ‘cognitive resources’ trying to impress beautiful women, they have little left for other tasks.

The findings have implications for the performance of men who flirt with women in the workplace, or even exam results in mixed-sex schools.
Women, however, were not affected by chatting to a handsome man.

:rotfl:
So very true.

*lol this is interesting! *

Just shows how diabolical and manipulative women are. Why do you think plastic surgery and the cosmetics industry are booming. I am glad I have sworn them off.

I can see this being true of single men more than married men. When you are single and woman you meet is a ‘potential mate’ but once you are married a beautiful woman is more of a “Well, I see God still does good work” sort of thing.

Put a guy into a classroom full of attractive women and his concentration level and cognitive abilities drop by at least 15%.

What a sad view of women. :frowning: I know you’re Catholic…Jesus’ view of women is not this, maybe you have had some bad run-ins with women, but to view the whole gender as such as this, is not a Christ-like attitude. I encourage you to see the good in all people, it’s what we’re called to do as Christians. :o

No, realistic. :shrug:

Insanity is contagious?

*I’m sorry you feel this way…it’s terrible to feel prejudice against a group of people, for any reason, based on a few bad encounters that you might have had in your life. I hope you have a change of heart on that, someday. *

Sworn off women, plastic surgery, or cosmetics?

I’ve been happily married for 30 years and love my wife more than life itself, but there isn’t anything I can think of that can’t be made a little better by talking to a pretty woman.:thumbsup:

I had that attitude for several years after a girlfriend I had in my 20’s got finished with me—she inflicted some psychological pain on me that was, shall we say, severe. After I had the knife removed from my back and got a little time under my belt, though, I went on to have several very nice relationships with some very nice women, and today I am happily married. :slight_smile:

Not every female is the Psychotic Blood-Sucking Spider Woman From Hell, yanno.

I agree. I wouldn’t go back to being single for all the money on earth.

Wow did see myself as diabolical and manipulative but hey thank for the heads up.

On a side note do you also think God was being diabolical and manipulative when created women to be attractive looking to men?

A man needs to practice self-control, pray for grace and wish to please our Lord. Otherwise, your time, wallet, sanity and soul are all at stake. To sum up, don’t make a fool of yourself.:stuck_out_tongue:

I lost my mind twice I was married for 23 years then the Lord took her ok death is a part of life as a Catholic I accept that.

Then I messed around and lost my mind again and got married;** Ahh another life sentence!!!**:banghead:

If I was ever captured by the enemy no need to torture me just put a pretty chick in the room and I’ll tell her everything.:eek:

Heck I’ll even make some stuff up!

calls plastic surgeon :smiley:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes. let us pray! The bitterness drips in a lot of his threads.

Women are no more manipulative and diabolical than men. I have met a few myself of both sexes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.