Messianic Rabbi and controversial video

All right it’s long, I think well worth watching (editing could have made it a lot shorter). This video presents what appears to be a very alarming parallel between the warnings God gave to Israel (prior to the invasion of the Sumerians) and what is happening in the USA - right down to some facts I bet you don’t know about 9/11 (I knew I didn’t know them!) This man is a Rabbi, converted to Christianity (Messianic Rabbi). I found what he had to say alarming although not a surprise to me. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post but I’m curious about the reaction of others who have the time and curiosity to watch it. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPwqi_vd958

Just as John the Baptist was the voice in the dessert so is Jonathan Cahn. You should read the post "The Kingdom of God and Revelation"

Yes and this appears so to me, as well. Further, as an ordained Rabbi who has converted and now embraces the Lord Jesus, he is a very special witness to his people. Where would I find the above post? Thanks.

Who is this? Is he a Rabbi at all? Where did he go to yeshiva? Who were his Rabbis / Teachers? What other books did he write?

Dunno…yes he must be a Rabbi or he’s faking his credentials. He certainly looks Sephardi. Watch the video, it’s astonishing and he’s not making any of this up. He speaks of the sycamore tree(s) destroyed in Jerusalem and that there was one at Ground Zero, I never heard of that! He speaks of the vow of Israel to rebuild with bedrock and plant cedars: bedrock was taken from upstate NY and is the cornerstone of the new Tower. A tree in the Cedar family was planted in place of the sycamore. He speaks of the little church where G. Washington led the Congress to dedicate the US (the new union) to God, it was the only building left standing at Ground Zero, I didn’t know that. He speaks of the “two witnesses” in high government positions who must deliver the chastisement of God in public and there were two (one of them being John Edwards who was then running for Vice Presidency) both quoting the exact verse from Isaiah that was God’s word condemning His people. It’s a must watch: as for your questions, presumably Google-able (is that a word?)

If he's Messianic, then he's just an Evangelical Christian who put on Jewish trappings.

[quote="porthos11, post:6, topic:334248"]
If he's Messianic, then he's just an Evangelical Christian who put on Jewish trappings.

[/quote]

Wrong. This man is Jewish, definitely, and he has the title "Rabbi" and all the trappings (he knows his "stuff" in other words, in terms of Judaism). Where he went to Yeshivah, where he was ordained a Rabbi....no clue but he's internationally known. Seems to me if he is NOT an ordained Rabbi, someone, somewhere at this point would have made that quite well known.

His bio:
Jonathan Cahn is President of Hope of the World ministries, Senior Pastor, and Rabbi of the Beth Israel Worship Center in Garfield, New Jersey. His teachings are broadcast daily over hundreds of radio stations throughout the United States and the world. He can also be seen weekly on television ("Something Different"). Descended of the line of Aaron, he has been asked to sound the Jubilee trumpet and minister among the nations, a prophetic ministry of and to the Jew and the Gentile in the last days. His teachings include the revealing of ancient mysteries, the depth and wonders of God's Word, and the restoration of the Gospel message in its original Biblically Jewish context, richness, and power.

[quote="ellzeena, post:7, topic:334248"]
Wrong. This man is Jewish, definitely, and he has the title "Rabbi" and all the trappings (he knows his "stuff" in other words, in terms of Judaism).

[/quote]

Apparently, he came from a Reform Jewish home, became an 'atheist' at 8, gave up atheism and got into Jesus in his mid-teens after reading The Late Great Planet Earth.

In other words, he's just another Messianic Christian Evangelical who likes a bit of judaica in his life and calls himself a Rabbi in the vague hope it will impress Jews.

It doesn't.

[quote="ellzeena, post:7, topic:334248"]
Wrong. This man is Jewish, definitely, and he has the title "Rabbi" and all the trappings (he knows his "stuff" in other words, in terms of Judaism). Where he went to Yeshivah, where he was ordained a Rabbi....no clue but he's internationally known. Seems to me if he is NOT an ordained Rabbi, someone, somewhere at this point would have made that quite well known.

His bio:
Jonathan Cahn is President of Hope of the World ministries, Senior Pastor, and Rabbi of the Beth Israel Worship Center in Garfield, New Jersey. His teachings are broadcast daily over hundreds of radio stations throughout the United States and the world. He can also be seen weekly on television ("Something Different"). Descended of the line of Aaron, he has been asked to sound the Jubilee trumpet and minister among the nations, a prophetic ministry of and to the Jew and the Gentile in the last days. His teachings include the revealing of ancient mysteries, the depth and wonders of God's Word, and the restoration of the Gospel message in its original Biblically Jewish context, richness, and power.

[/quote]

He may be ethnically Jewish, but that doesn't matter. Messianic "Judaism" is merely Evangelical Christianity with some smattering of Jewish signs, symbols and Hebrew words and names. Even the State of Israel correctly classes them as such and deems them ineligible for immigration under the Law of Return.

[quote="porthos11, post:9, topic:334248"]
He may be ethnically Jewish, but that doesn't matter. Messianic "Judaism" is merely Evangelical Christianity with some smattering of Jewish signs, symbols and Hebrew words and names. Even the State of Israel correctly classes them as such and deems them ineligible for immigration under the Law of Return.

[/quote]

Yes you're correct about his status I'm sure but I didn't realize Israel would turn away actually Jewish people because they embrace Jesus. but then nothing Israel does surprises me. :shrug:

I remember hearing (over and over again) from an Evangelical pulpit or two, that the Church (meaning the Christian community, excluding Roman Catholicism, oy already) IS THE NEW ISRAEL. I don't happen to agree with that, it just seems "wrong". I've never heard anything like that preached in Roman Catholicism (perhaps it is and I just never heard it). I really get irritated when people speak for God in that sort of way and I should think He doesn't like it much, either. :eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.