Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

The shortest song on the record is “My Apocalypse” at 5:01.

“Cyanide” kind of sounds like it could’ve been on Master of Puppets. “Judas Kiss” sounds heavily inspired by the …And Justice For All. All you need to do is compare the production quality to see what I mean.

After Load, I thought Metallica were incapable of making a great album. Death Magnetic changed my mind.

After Load?!?!?!
I figured after And Justice For All they couldn’t make one that was truly of their style and quality…They seemed to be trying to show off their talent and got away from the straight forward hard and fast sound that built their careers…:cool:
I’ll hafta check this one out and see how it is…

Actually, I should have said that “The Judas Kiss” sounds tons better than anything on Justice.

This one deserves to be cranked to 11. :eek:

Yes. I like the album. You can see that they were trying to expand. Either the guitar tones on the previous records were extremely dirty or extremely clean. That’s the big difference. Plus, there’s a looseness that I like. :cool:

However, I was not fond of Lars and Kirk in makeup and the admission that the band sometimes broke out smoking jackets and had a cigar. I can’t see James in a smoking jacket and I thought Kirk was a health nut after the Justice tour, on which he developed a nice cocaine habit. :rolleyes:

Better than justice…? Sounds like it could be promising…in truth, I really thought they were their best until Cliff was killed in 86…then they lost his influence on the band’s style and sound and in my opinion started going down…I happened to like their raw in your face sound :~o Justice I thought was decent but not as good as the previous releases. Some of their stuff later was decent too, but just not quite what I had become used to from them. I think Kill em All was my favorite.

Yeah, I agree they seem the type to be sitting around the observatory in a smoking jacket sipping brandy…

I like what I’ve heard of this album so far. I am looking forward to getting it tomorrow.

I liked Load too. I thought that was their last good album. Garage Inc was pretty good too, but it was all covers.

“All Nightmare Long” is amazing. Best song on the disc. :eek:

Play it first. Should’ve been the first song.

“For Whom the Bell Tolls”. Robert Trujillo absolutely KILLS on this song. :eek:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztk1V4utYdA

Honestly, live versions of “FWTBT” hasn’t sounded this good since Cliff. Not to badmouth Jason, but…

You knew they had something when Robert absolutely nailed “Battery” in his audition. :eek: The song’s one of their toughest to play (Lars looked shocked) yet Robert didn’t look like he was struggling. He hit a groove and played it for all it was worth.

album is sick.

totally a bridge between AJFA and the black album.

I still plan to pick it up, i have heard good things about it. St Anger was pretty bad but I do like Load, Reload and S&M (Black Album is a given of course).

Ah, I still find it boring, they just have no emotion for me anymore. It’s all heavily without feel :frowning:

This album is AMAZING. Metallica was lame after their third album but they seem to have gotten their act together.

Hot Topic has them on sale for 10 bucks a pop. I would’ve gladly paid more for it. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.