Mexican bishop: 'El Chapo' blood money should be returned to community [CNA]

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/size340/Joaquin_Guzman_El_Chapo_Credit_Day_Donaldson_via_Flickr_CC_BY_20_CNA_1_14_16.jpgMexico City, Mexico, Jan 14, 2016 / 12:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Mexico City, Mexico, Jan 14, 2016 / 12:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Bishop Benjamin Castillo Plascencia of Celaya, Mexico praised the capture of the notorious drug lord, Joaquín Guzmán Loera, known as “El Chapo,” saying that he hopes it will lessen the extent of drug trafficking and that the cartel’s money will be returned to the local community.

“I hope this will slow down drug trafficking a bit,” Bishop Castillo Plascencia told reporters Jan. 12. “Good thing they captured him … I think he’s a person who owes his debt to justice and he’s got to pay.”

Full article…

God Bless the Good Bishop, he needed to speak. Sometimes even saying things in Mexico appears to be dangerous though, I’d hope one could at least say this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.