Mexican company offers to build Donald Trump’s border wall

Not only is Mexico going to pay for a “big, beautiful” border wall (says Donald Trump), but a Mexican company already is offering to help build it.

According to a report by Reuters news agency, one of Mexico’s biggest construction firms has said it would provide cement and construction services for what would be one of the biggest public-works projects in decades.

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/23/mexican-company-offers-build-donald-trumps-border-/

This could turn out to be as big an infrastructure project as when the interstate expressways were built, probably leading to many job seekers heading to the southwest.

Perhaps!

Perhaps

I love it. There is already a wall in our area of the border and many other areas, BTW, which various groups have been protesting for many years due to flood and environmental hazards it creates. And before the wall there were cartoons showing tall ladders breaching the wall, with the caption, if they build a 12 foot wall, then we’ll make 13 foot ladders.

So now that company can – after a reasonable period of time – claim they built the wall and get paid for it :slight_smile:

As the Holy Father says, build bridges not walls.

Or, one could also say Aztlan (place of the Aztecs’ origin) for the Aztecas!

I don’t want to sound offensive, but could a Mexican company be trusted to build a secure wall to prevent people crossing illegally? and if they could be trusted, what type of backlash might they face in Mexico? would the government fine them? it would be a lucrative contract and provide jobs for many people. if this wall made it harder for the cartels to bring their product here, would they threaten the Mexican company?

Your joke, and your map, are precisely the sort of thing that brought us President Trump and the prospect of the wall.

ICXC NIKA

Sounds like we have an opportunist licking his chops.

“We will build a great wall, and we will pay Mexico for it!”

Have they stipulated that they want to face south as they do? :wink:

What “prospect,” there already IS a wall…

Maybe it will deflect his attention from Co Clare…

irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-campaign-against-trump-s-plans-for-doonbeg-wall-1.2795344

What is it about walls with this man?

Not continuously from Brownsville to San Diego, which seems to be the goal.

But then, the Chinese wall and the much smaller one between Israel and Palestine began in segments, too.

ICXC NIKA

Listening to too much Pink Floyd at a younger and more impressionable age? :):slight_smile:

Here are a couple of thoughts about immigration & the wall:

If all the people of European descent would go back to Europe, or to some country that would take them as refugees, that would be good for the Native Americans.

Or, maybe there should be a wall all around the entire US, then the US could be turned into a prison.

Of course, there will be those who try to escape to Mexico; good luck in avoiding being shot by guards!

The cartels had no problem getting their product in following 9-11, something a lot of people find to be almost unbelievable, but the drug trade is so lucrative, and the cartels have such an unlimited budget, they could hire the best deep tunnel builders on the planet to get around any wall.

Unless it is as secure as the Berlin wall, people will just find different ways to get into the US.

Even if it were, traffic would move from the land and coyotes to the sea and kayaks.

ICXC NIKA

Our efforts will need to include the Mexican Govt stepping up with enforcement on their side.

I imagine the Coast Guard will also be busy.

=lynnvinc;14307105]I love it. There is already a wall in our area of the border and many other areas, BTW, which various groups have been protesting for many years due to flood and environmental hazards it creates. And before the wall there were cartoons showing tall ladders breaching the wall, with the caption, if they build a 12 foot wall, then we’ll make 13 foot ladders.

Everyone in favor of the wall probably is more educated on the immigration problems than most of the general public, meaning they’ve already seen vehicle ladders stationed at the current “wall” along the border and understand it’s only part of the overall solution.

As the Holy Father says, build bridges not walls.

Yes, many of our Protestant and Orthodox friends are inquiring as to why the Vatican isn’t home to more Muslims.

Also, one wonders why the poisonous rhetoric of Vicente Fox (not to mention HIS immigration policies) hasn’t been connected to the Pope’s statement…

Or, one could also say Aztlan (place of the Aztecs’ origin) for the Aztecas!

Ah, yes! The good old Aztlan movement which wants to expel “whites” yet is mum on the fate of Blacks, Arabs and Asians. Because they were so integral and present to the Aztec society of old…:rolleyes:

As I recall, the Aztecs conquered and subjugated many tribes. I for can say that I doubt the Navajo in Arizona would be so willing to cede their territory. And I doubt the Aztecs made it that far north. They should probably stop trying to take credit for Conquistador explorations…

That might be want ideologues on both sides of the fence who live off the government dime may think, but practically speaking the chief concern of Mexico is that the primary (legal) source of their income is people in the USA sending money to them. So, it would make sense that they would in theory be more supportive than against this.

I’m not really sure if the cartels would care too much. They’ve been getting around border security for ages and if nothing else may be laughing at the wall. A wall won’t defeat them, but ending the war on drugs will.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.