Mexican state lawmakers passes abortion ban

MEXICO CITY – Lawmakers in the Mexican state of Veracruz have approved a state constitutional amendment banning abortion and “defending life from the moment of conception until natural death.”
The Veracruz legislature passed the law 34-9 July 28 in a session highlighted by protests and nuns chanting “yes we can,” according to press reports.
The Catholic Church in Veracruz had lobbied for the abortion ban and welcomed its approval. “A prayer with faith changes realities,” the Archdiocese of Xalapa, the capital of Veracruz, posted on its Facebook page.

catholicregister.org/home/international/item/22785-mexican-state-lawmakers-passes-abortion-ban

:clapping:

The Lord works in the hearts and minds of those who listen! :extrahappy:

Good!

:):dancing:

This is awesome!!! Thanks be to God!:thumbsup:

Pax Christi!

[SIGN]YES, GOD CAN!!![/SIGN]

God bless!!

Good deal.

God bless them !

Huzzah!

:):D:thumbsup::yup::clapping::bounce: Praise God!

Now if only they can shed the same compassion for people in their country that have already been born. Like the 43 students in Ayotsinapa, 8 teachers in Oaxaca and countless of other ‘disappeared’ people their authorities have failed to find. But hey, at least they were born. That’s all that matters apparently.

It’s not all that matters, but being born is a great start. Respect for life at all stages is the ideal and getting this stage right is important for many reasons. One reason is that without the being born, we can’t begin to seek opportunities to develop in these other stages. As you note, we still have a long way to go.
May God bless us all!
:gopray:

Amen.

You make it sound as if they are indifferent to all of that.
Why do you think that they care less than you do about all of that?

And just who are “they”?

so each state decides the legality of abortion in Mexico?

I think that is how it should be in the United States. Let the people decide on a state by state basis. Power to the people!

I am confused at what your point is? Are you saying these people should never been born?

“In Mexico, abortion proceedings fall under local state legislation”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Mexico#Legality_of_abortion

States rights. What an intriguing idea.

:clapping:

Well you can definitely see where the messed up priorities lay. I spent a year there for research and as part of a missionary Medical assistance volunteer trip and heck, more people are being killed by homicide than abortion trust me. But I guess it’s all ok since they were born right? Please don’t be surprised by my comment. I’m no more “pro-life” than Donald Trump is fit to be a president. While there I preferred to dedicate my time and effort to people that actually were begging for help and in severe need of medical assistance (discrimination among the indigenous people is very much a problem there).

And “they” is Enrique Pena Nieto and all his other little minions exploiting a country that has so much to give. It’s pretty heart breaking.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.