Mexico backs case against Arizona immigration law

In a legal brief supporting one of the lawsuits, Mexico argued that the measure is unconstitutional and “raises substantial challenges to the bilateral diplomatic relations between Mexico and the U.S.”

More than 20 million Mexican workers, tourists and students were lawfully allowed into the United States throughout 2009, said the brief, and the government is worried Mexicans will be discriminated against because of racial profiling.

“Mexico is gravely concerned that (Arizona’s law) will lead to … detentions of Mexican citizens without regard to whether they have taken any actions or exhibited any behavior indicating they are guilty of a crime,” the brief said.

reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65L6AB20100622?type=domesticNews

If those Mexican citizens are in the US without documentation, they have committed a crime.

Who cares what Mexico thinks?

Means n o t h i n g.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

I think we should let people into the country, but at the same time we need to take care of our own people. The unemployment rate is high and people who are looking cannot find work. Especially people who don't have very much work experience. Bringing Mexicans in to work will not help the situation... they will take jobs for below minimum wage (since they are illegal) and even more U.S. people will be out of work. :(

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:3, topic:202903"]

Means n o t h i n g.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Thank you. I'm sick of Mexico trying to impose it's will on the US. It's a failed state where anarchy reigns. We must control the border and who comes and goes.

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:202903"]
In a legal brief supporting one of the lawsuits, Mexico argued that the measure is unconstitutional and “raises substantial challenges to the bilateral diplomatic relations between Mexico and the U.S.”

More than 20 million Mexican workers, tourists and students were lawfully allowed into the United States throughout 2009, said the brief, and the government is worried Mexicans will be discriminated against because of racial profiling.

“Mexico is gravely concerned that (Arizona’s law) will lead to … detentions of Mexican citizens without regard to whether they have taken any actions or exhibited any behavior indicating they are guilty of a crime,” the brief said.

reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65L6AB20100622?type=domesticNews

[/quote]

Aw yes, more great news in this new Twilight Zone of an administration.

Yes sir, now we have a "Foreign Government" conspiring with the "Federal Government" against one of the fine "States of The Union".

Yup, call it illegal to let a state "Secede", but call it legal to bring in a foreign country to launch a battle against one of it's own STATES.

What's next, China conspiring with the "Feds" to confiscate all the finances of Texas, or Oklahoma? I reckon that is going to be next on the agenda.

[quote="Chipper, post:6, topic:202903"]
Aw yes, more great news in this new Twilight Zone of an administration.

Yes sir, now we have a "Foreign Government" conspiring with the "Federal Government" against one of the fine "States of The Union".

Yup, call it illegal to let a state "Secede", but call it legal to bring in a foreign country to launch a battle against one of it's own STATES.

What's next, China conspiring with the "Feds" to confiscate all the finances of Texas, or Oklahoma? I reckon that is going to be next on the agenda.

[/quote]

I think's it's unfair to place all blame on this administration (altho it fairly irks me to say so.) The look-the-other-way policy of federal government was firmly in place in the Bush years. Let's be honest here. Both major parties have supported illegal immigration in favor of Corporatism and against the citizenry. Look at Bushs work with the SPP and the secret meetings he had with the then Presidente Vincente Fox. I can still see the pictures in my mind when Bush went to Mexico and was photographed with illegals with the Mexican flag in hand! I see no difference in the current administrations policy than I do with the prior. Both were treasonous. This has been going on forever and many moderate Reps will support the amnesty bill.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! This movement toward a destruction of our sovereignty and in favor of the invasion is blanketed by deception. And Mexico isn't the only foreign entity we're listening to these days. Look at our coziness with the U. N. See where this is all going?

Means n o t h i n g.

[/quote]

Agree. It's like with our country or other countries, too. Who in the world community should care what the U.S. or others think? Means nothing - it's just so much hot air whether from the Foggy Bottom or the Quai d'Orsay.

Just got an e-mail this morning from friends in Phoenix. Things are beginning to heat up there - going to the grocery store, they saw a group protesting with signs....one said something like "this is our continent, too."

The problem with Mexico officially opposing the AZ law is that it continues to encourage them here. Someone recently sent me this quote:

"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California."
Jose Osuna, Mexican Consul General

Means n o t h i n g.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

My sentiments also... how many Americans have died due to the politics of Washington DC?

Means n o t h i n g.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Agree :thumbsup:

Mexico should spend less time interfering with the Arizona law and more time doing something to stop the real human rights violations taking place in their own country every day. I live on the border with Juarez, last Wednsday 18 people were killed in the city. That's just one day. Not to mention the fact that they aren't just killing people, they are torturing them before they die a death right out of the medevial times.

Thanks for your opinion El Presidente, now why don't you go back to governing the "killing fields"

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.