Mexico trade adviser sees NAFTA deal in next few months

Jesus Seade, the designated NAFTA negotiator of president-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, said while some contentious issues still had to be resolved, he believed it was almost “inevitable” a deal would be reached.

“What I see … to be a very feasible expectation is that we’ll be concluding the negotiation in the next two months if possible, or in the next few months a bit further down the road,” Seade told Mexican radio.

“President Trump has a very personal style. He likes to appear chaotic. But the last thing he is is chaotic,” he said. “I think he’s a very intelligent man.”

You think Putin has something on this guy too?

That’s good to read. Hope a deal is reached with Mexico about NAFTA. I have been wondering how the new President/leader of Mexico would view the talks.

It’s bound to happen sooner or later. Neither Canada nor Mexico can really function well without vigorous commerce with the U.S. Canada and the U.S, in particular, are almost not separate entities when it comes to commerce.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.