Michael Voris & 'Church Militant' on Purgatory

Remember the good old days here when bashing on the clergy wasn’t allowed? (sigh) :frowning:

I didn’t say names I still try to go by the old CAF rules even though I’m not required to.

I never watched Church Militant in 2013 so the disappointment was my own.

I don’t remember having that visceral of a response but I was disappointed when I didn’t feel Dolan defended St Patrick’s day.

How far do we take building bridges?

There are priest publishing books and making interviews practically endorsing homosexuality and same sex marriage.

Let me add then, that I did not give your effort its proper due. Yes, we all knew who you were referring to, but you did show reasonable restraint and you have my apology.

I completely understand why a good Catholic would feel that way. And I think that question is a very good one that deserves many good conversations. I have no problem with people feeling that way or asking that question. The main problem I have with Church Militant’s approach is the lack of respect. There are respectful ways to present one’s thoughts and feelings, and there are disrespectful ways. You have articulated your thoughts much more respectfully than Church Militant did.

Mr. Voris answers for his sins and I for mine. Jesus gave us the rule of love and we are well advised to view others while adhering to that Divine rule.

No worries not offended.

Welcome home, and prayers ascending for your continued journey.
Remember, Peter said, to God 1000 years is like a day and a day is like 1000 years.
[ 2 Peter 3:8 ]
That time analogy could easily be changed to a trillion years instead of 1000 years.
IOW there is no clock outside of time. No seconds, minutes, hours, days, months years etc. No yesterday, today and tomorrow. A million years from now in eternity, is still now.
Outside of time is where Heaven, purgatory and hell is.
Padre Pio is a great saint. In his last years on earth, Fr Alessio took care of Pio. I met with Fr Alessio 3 months before Alessio died. Fr Alessio had great stories to tell about Pio’s life. Pio told Alessio that while he was saying mass one day, a sacristan who died 70 years prior to this, visited with Pio in a vision. He asked Pio to offer his mass that moment for the sacristan who had been in purgatory all this time for not taking proper care of the altar properly on this side of eternity. If Pio offerd mass for the sacristan, the sacristan would be able to go to heaven. Pio offered the mass for the sacristan and he went to heaven after the mass.

Hi and thank you and God bless.
Your comments are much appreciated.:grinning::green_heart:

I am no longer worried about Purgatory; Hell and Purgatory are necessary as God is just as well as merciful.
If we live in darkness and are separated from His love we can only blame ourselves if we indeed know the Truth and the right (narrow) path.
God gave us commandments to keep us safe and full of His joy and peace.
My goal is to live a life free from serious (mortal) sin and may God use the time on Earth He has given me to bring others to the Catholic Faith.

I now respect and value Michael Voris’ Ministry, it is needed, EWTN is excellent, but we need strong soldiers who can speak the truth in this world of darkness.
I recommend his work and this video is excellent:

Peace and God bless.:latin_cross::crossed_swords:

God is outside of time. God is eternal, and He is in eternity. So is hell and so is heaven in eternity And they are eternal i.e. everlasting.

Fortunately purgatory is not eternal.

:clap:

I appreciate muscular Catholicism. :muscle: That’s what I grew up with

But is it outside of time?

But it is not eternal. Not forever. By God’s design.

1 Cor 3:
11 For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble— 13 each man’s work will become manifest; for the Day[b] will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

That process is after one dies, but it’s temporary, NOT eternal. The person who goes through this, died without mortal sin. After this purification, they go to heaven.

I agree with everything you just said…I don’t understand this man’s appeal and he is NOT a good spokesperson for the faith

Excellent - the Faith is not all fluffy and nice, God is just as well as merciful and He is Holy and asks 100% of us.
May God enable us to be hot not cold and definitely not tepid.:fire: :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.