Michelle: “Obama always carries a picture of Mary in his wallet”

During her visit to Casa Don Bosco in Ronda, Michelle Obama, wife of Barack, revealed that her husband, the President of the United States, “always carries a picture of Mary Help of Christians in his wallet”…

“Obama always carries a picture of Mary Help of Christians in his wallet

ATTENTION ALL CATHOLICS: BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA ALWAYS CARRIES A PICTURE OF MARY IN HIS WALLET!

<-There’s some votes, Man!

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

This man is “everything-to everyone”.
(Is this a great Country or what?!!!)

When I read the Article to my husband and our oldest daughter, they each said, “Mary who?”

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:1, topic:214149"]
During her visit to Casa Don Bosco in Ronda, Michelle Obama, wife of Barack, revealed that her husband, the President of the United States, “always carries a picture of Mary Help of Christians in his wallet”....

“Obama always carries a picture of Mary Help of Christians in his wallet

ATTENTION ALL CATHOLICS: BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA ALWAYS CARRIES A PICTURE OF MARY IN HIS WALLET!

<-There's some votes, Man!

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Why should we vote for him just because his wife says he carries a picture of Our Blessed Lady in his wallet? He hasn't said anything about changing his mind on abortion, and on his stance on that issue, *no *Catholic should vote for him. Don't you think that the Blesssed Virgin Mary would prefer that Obama convert and repent of his stance than that he carry a picture of her?

[quote="St_Francis, post:3, topic:214149"]
Why should we vote for him just because his wife says he carries a picture of Our Blessed Lady in his wallet? He hasn't said anything about changing his mind on abortion, and on his stance on that issue, *no *Catholic should vote for him. Don't you think that the Blesssed Virgin Mary would prefer that Obama convert and repent of his stance than that he carry a picture of her?

[/quote]

I was being facetious, friend.

However, there are some who would read this, and believe that is a good thing-he has a devotion!

Oh really?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

I pray that Jesus is able to reach him through His Blessed Mother.

Blessed Mary, please pray for our president that he may embrace life and protect human dignity at all levels of development rather than sacrificing the unborn and elderly. Pray that he will also protect marriage and the family. Finally, I humbly ask that you pray for his conversion to the Church, so he may be saved.

Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus.

Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Ámen.

[quote="rlg94086, post:5, topic:214149"]
I pray that Jesus is able to reach him through His Blessed Mother.

Blessed Mary, please pray for our president that he may embrace life and protect human dignity at all levels of development rather than sacrificing the unborn and elderly. Pray that he will also protect marriage and the family. Finally, I humbly ask that you pray for his conversion to the Church, so he may be saved.

Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus.

Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Ámen.

[/quote]

AMEN.

Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

Someone needs to give him a green scapular. I have hope.

originally posted by DawnInTexas
However, there are some who would read this, and believe that is a good thing-he has a devotion!

Yes. I am one of those people. Who's to say he can not come to a Christian understanding? And what is wrong with him carrying a picture of Mary in his wallet? :confused:
There was a time, just a few short years ago, when anyone who knew me would have never bet money that I would embrace Christ and His teachings.
Judgeing the thoughts and intentions of others is dangerous ground.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:4, topic:214149"]
I was being facetious, friend.

Oh really?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

I don't understand your point. Many protestants have a devotion to Mary, it is not a uniquely Catholic thing. I agree that it is not a reason to vote one way or the other, but are you suggesting that its a bad thing that Obama has a devotion to Mary?

[quote="TMC, post:8, topic:214149"]
I don't understand your point. Many protestants have a devotion to Mary, it is not a uniquely Catholic thing. I agree that it is not a reason to vote one way or the other, but are you suggesting that its a bad thing that Obama has a devotion to Mary?

[/quote]

Along with an Hanuman idol (Hindu God), now a picture of Mary.

Like I wrote, he is everything to everyone (all things-to all men).

L@@K! Obama is just like me!

(Show me-said Dawn in Texas, who sometimes acts like an Okie).
Facetiously.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

And yes, I pray for the man's conversion of heart, soul and mind---I've suggested before adding at least 1 Hail Mary to at least 1 Decade-to each of our (daily) Rosaries for this.

For the conversion of Heart, Mind and Soul of President Obama, those in our Congress-both House & Senate, our Supreme Court-all Federal, State and Local Officials-who make decisions on behalf of the people of our Country-especially when it comes to life.

[quote="Kontrak, post:6, topic:214149"]
AMEN.

[/quote]

Me too. Sometimes, all it takes is a picture of Mary, a rosary, a crucifix, etc. to encourage the growth of the mustard seed of faith that God's grace has implanted in a person's heart. We must encourage such growth by praying all the more.

I was an existentialist atheist once, but Our Lord never gave up on me. I won't give up on others.

...are you suggesting that its a bad thing that Obama has a devotion to Mary?

[/quote]

No, on the contrary!

But, by his actions-I have my doubts, you know?

I know the power of a Devotion to the Queen of Heaven and Earth.

Show me.

God Bless.
+Immaculate Heart of Mary, I place all my Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

I agree that it is not a reason to vote one way or the other, but are you suggesting that its a bad thing that Obama has a devotion to Mary?

[/quote]

It's definitely not a bad thing, but he is a career politician and they often do and say things only to get votes. It is impossible to know whether he is truly devoted to Mary or is only claiming to be to win over the Catholic vote, but I wouldn't put it past him. Sometimes all it takes is one little news story like this to make a fence-sitting voter feel better towards him and decide to vote his way.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:2, topic:214149"]
This man is "everything-to everyone".
(Is this a great Country or what?!!!)

When I read the Article to my husband and our oldest daughter, they each said, "Mary who?"

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

That was exactly my reaction when I read the inital post.

[quote="Kontrak, post:6, topic:214149"]
AMEN.

[/quote]

Hope in the Lord. <-This is the Christian's belief.

His platform was hope in him.

Remember?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

I read before the election that he also carries a Miraculous Medal. At least that means the images of Our Lady outnumber the images of Hanuman.

And since, as Fr Corapi is fond of saying, Mama Mary 'wears combat boots' :D , I reckon it's a very good thing, and will certainly be sending some extra prayers up to her on his behalf.

Wow, new low for the Obamas. Hopefully the sheep won't think anything of this. He's a corrupt politician with no real religious affiliation who tries to conform to everyone so we'll all love him.

Don't be fooled.

[/quote]

It's a ploy! He has no devotion to Mary. What angers me is that he is clearly trying to grab a Catholic vote here despite the fact that nothing, and I mean nothing about him is Catholic or even Protestant. The guy is a crowd pleaser, and a master of slogans and catch phrases. You know all that "Yes we can" stuff? Perfect example.

[quote="Charlotte1776, post:12, topic:214149"]
It's definitely not a bad thing, but he is a career politician and they often do and say things only to get votes. It is impossible to know whether he is truly devoted to Mary or is only claiming to be to win over the Catholic vote, but I wouldn't put it past him. Sometimes all it takes is one little news story like this to make a fence-sitting voter feel better towards him and decide to vote his way.

[/quote]

I have to wonder what to make of this. Remember this news item?:
politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0910/Obama_goes_to_church.html

C'mon! It's taken him all this time to find a Christian church to take his family to? And why right now, just before mid-term elections?
Here's a troubling example of how he might really feel :
youtube.com/watch?v=yR61uTGTFoM
Odd how he leaves out the little part of how we're endowed with these rights by our Creator. He was reading from a teleprompter, so this was no error on his part.
I can't see into anyone's heart, so of course only God knows what he believes for sure. These things are troubling nevertheless.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:11, topic:214149"]
No, on the contrary!

But, by his actions-I have my doubts, you know?

I know the power of a Devotion to the Queen of Heaven and Earth.

Show me.

[/quote]

I understand that there is a nationally well-known priest named Corapi who did it all - women, drugs, gambling, and turned around, basically from a small start at saying prayers.

This is hearsay, BTW, I've never read anything he wrote or seen him on TV, so you can call me on it if I'm wrong, but I understand that he did just that.

Why not the President?

I know there are some on the Forum who wouldn't believe him if he made a sackcloth and ashes pilgrimage on his knees to Rome, but we always have those types.

As our president, if he continues to govern our country as he has been, not even a tattoo of Mary all over his chest would change the way I vote.

As human being- I will pray for him and have hope for his conversion.

I am definitely not one of the "Obama is a Muslim" crowd, but I can't help but noting that Mary is revered by Muslims too. So it is hard to know who this announcement is trying to appeal to ~ Christians or Muslims.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.