Michigan Abortion Facility Advertises Abortion as "Sacred Work"

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/dec/09120402.html

DETROIT, December 4, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) -- Northland "Family Planning Centers" of Michigan are now advertising their services with a video calling abortion "sacred work."

Set to soft, upbeat piano music and themed with pink pastel shades, a recently uploaded video entitled "Every Day, Good Woman Choose Abortion," assures prospective customers that deciding "to have an abortion is a normal experience," and that the decision is a good decision. The video's spokeswoman continues: "Goodness is courage, honesty, wisdom, risking for what you believe is right for you, making choices that are good for yourself."

"Goodness is not perfection, it is not obedience, and it is not martyrdom."

The staff at Northland, the narrator continues, believe in the "essential goodness" of abortion. The narrator speaks of a sign hanging at the Northland abortion facility that reads: "We do sacred work that honors women and the circle of life and death. When you come here, bring only love."

:eek: That was disturbing...

I wonder if we can make abortion laws that permit abortions to be performed up until the fetus is 90 years old, and apply that to politicians?

"It's not really a human being---it's just a politician."

For me the salient point is that line about, 'making choices that are good for yourself' - it betrays the true intent underneath all the fluffy bunny stuff.

Wow...:eek:

Some people are going to buy into that probably:(

Sounds familiar.
A few years ago Planned Parenthood in Schenectady (NY) moved to a new bdlg. and had a rabbi & a female Presbyterian minister on hand for the opening -- the minister said the place was "sacred ground". Maybe they've been working on this for awhile.

Jharek is right -- it starts with the "what's good for me?" attitude.

The Video was "pulled’. But I think I get the gist of it from the article.
Disturbings the word.

northlandfamilyplanning.com/nfpc/video-goodwomen.html

Warning: this is the place's actual website. I couldn't even finish watching it. It makes me feel dirty. Blech. It's just unbelieveable!!!

God is not mocked and He will have the last word on this

The most telling statement, I believe, is this:

It is the voice of the enemy that spuriously decries as evil the very qualifications for Sainthood.

[quote="redrosetea, post:9, topic:178557"]
God is not mocked and He will have the last word on this

[/quote]

:thumbsup:Definitely!!!

[quote="Mad_Amos, post:10, topic:178557"]
The most telling statement, I believe, is this:

It is the voice of the enemy that spuriously decries as evil the very qualifications for Sainthood.

[/quote]

Wow, I really feel like they consulted Catholic teaching to come up with the best way to deride it. :mad:

Reading that made me sick. Wow, what some people will do to sell their culture of death.

[quote="ljubim, post:11, topic:178557"]
:thumbsup:Definitely!!!

Wow, I really feel like they consulted Catholic teaching to come up with the best way to deride it. :mad:

[/quote]

The fact that 'goodness' to them consists of doing what want to in order to be 'fulfilled' and screw the thought that your actions might affect others negatively says a lot about them. It's more shrill me,me, me type thinking but with some pastel colours to pretty it up a bit.

Sounds like something Goebbels could have penned at the ovens of Auschwitz.

Arbeit Mach Frei etc. etc. - yes, we're only a step away from 'useless eater's', etc.

Lol

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.