Michigan Apologetics Conference

For those of you in the Michigan area, there will be what promises to be a top notch Apologetics conference featuring Steve Ray and Gary Machuta, March 18. For details, go here:

catholic-convert.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/Documents/WestphaliaConference.doc

I can’t seem to open the document. If you can please post basic information here.

Catholic ApologeticsConference

St. Mary Church
Westphalia, Michigan
Saturday March 18
9:00 am 6:30 pm

The Church
Pillar and Foundation
of Truth: 1Tim 3:15

Topics

Jesus Christ
Marian Dogmas
Peter & Papacy
False Gospel of Rome?
McCarthy Misunderstanding
Faith Alone
Being Born Again
Salvation & Holiness
Christian History
Bible Alone (Sola Scriptura)
Authority
Purgatory
Sacred Scripture
The Church

Too many good people mistakenly make claims against the Catholic Church that are not true. This conference will shed light on what we really believe.

Education, not conversion, is our aim. We respect people’s freedom of choice in religious matters.

Four distinguished authors and nationally known speakers will be sharing their insights and experience during this conference.

Steve Ray
Mark Shea
Roy Schoeman
Gary Michuta
Rod Bennett

Four of these speakers are converts. Three come to us from the Protestant Churches and one comes to us from the Jewish faith.

Please join us for the entire day or for certain parts of the day. The evening session will include a panel discussion where your questions will be dealt with in depth.

Hope to see you there

St. Mary Church
201 N. Westphalia St
Westphalia, Michigan

www.stmarychurch.net

Wow! The silence is deafening in (non)response to this!

Just out of curiosty, is anyone from that area planning on attending this? Michigan couldn’t be *that * far gone! :slight_smile:

Well, I can’t attend this conference–it’s a 2,000+ mile drive from San Diego–but I highly recommend the speakers. Several of them have written for “This Rock,” and Steve Ray has spoken on one of the Catholic Answer cruises–and was very well received.

Although the drive is a bit far for me, if you’re within 90 minutes or so, I’d say that you’d find the trip well worth it.

This is not too far away from me. I would love to attend…

Michigan couldn’t be *that *far gone! :slight_smile:

On the contrary, Michigan is well-represented on the CA Forums! I am not sure why more of us have not responded. We do tend to congregate in the “Liturgy & Sacraments” and “Catholic News” forums. I think I will post a link to this thread in the “SE Michigan” thread at the “Water Cooler”.

Thanks for the info!

Who is the sponsor…

I have done some work for Gary… he is truly the gentle giant of apolgetics.

The tapes/CD’s of this conference ought to a “must-have” too

I think Westphalia is right by Lansing

Fed. Thanks for the Info.
I will try and go if possible.

How far time wise is it from AA??

[quote=Will]Fed. Thanks for the Info.
I will try and go if possible.

How far time wise is it from AA??
[/quote]

give yourself an hour and a half to be safe… almost one 80 minute CD on a good Catholic topic. :smiley:

Oh man, that sounds very neat!

Unfortunately I must work on Saturdays. :frowning:

Oh well, I’m sure they’ll be other times. :slight_smile:

[quote=precious_roy]Oh man, that sounds very neat!

Unfortunately I must work on Saturdays. :frowning:

Oh well, I’m sure they’ll be other times. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

hopefully it will all be available on tape/CD

[quote=MrS]hopefully it will all be available on tape/CD
[/quote]

Excellent. Keep us (or at least me) posted on that then.

I might be able to make it. I have some friends who are lukewarm Catholics who have family in Westphalia. I wonder if there would be any way to rope them into coming… http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/hmmm.gif

[quote=maryalene]I might be able to make it. I have some friends who are lukewarm Catholics who have family in Westphalia. I wonder if there would be any way to rope them into coming… http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/hmmm.gif
[/quote]

Dare them…

then double dare them

[quote=MrS]Dare them…

then double dare them
[/quote]

I have had to make my apologies for not being able to attend the evening session in Troy, MI this Friday. But, unless there is some unexpected clash in my schedule, I plan on showing up for this event in Westphalia. Just look for the guy in the “Elliott Ness” fedora.

I was considering bringing a friend of mine with me, but I don’t know if he would be interested. He is a widower and a non-denominational, but he is one of the most open minded people I know. I just don’t know if he will be willing to make the trip. (It’s about 4 1/2 hours to Westphalia from here in the suburbs of Chicago.)

If all else fails, I’ll try your “Dare him” advice.

Thal59

For a more detailed schedule, see stmarychurch.net/notesfromfrc.htm

Westphalia is less than 10 minutes from I-96 (exit 83) and 15-20 minutes west of US-127. The Church is very easy to find (it’s a rather small town). If anyone has any other questions about the Conference, feel free to post, or call the phone number listed below.

Count me in as one from the area who will be attending - it looks like a great lineup, and a good long day of events!

I would love to go to this, and its only 3 1/2 hour drive from Toronto, but I have to work that day. :mad:

I wonder if this group would ever do this in Toronto. There is a huge Protestant population here, and this would be great!

Just reminding everyone about the Conference. To update the website information: the noon meal will be a turkey dinner, and there will be booksellers (including the speakers themselves) on hand. Hope to see you all there!

how far is michigan from philly?
i want to be there

[quote=Anonymous_1]how far is michigan from philly?
i want to be there
[/quote]

About 700 miles.

PF

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.