Michigan Senator Carl Levin Approves Abortion

I sent in that postcard opposing FOCA, that open-abortion legislation. He says that bill is not in the works for this year.

He says he opposes abortion, but would approve any measure to keep abortion available in the case of rape or incest.

He also says he believes in the fundamental right of a woman to choose to have an abortion.

In a Biblical sense, Adam and Eve were given free will, being made in the image and likeness of God. So, I guess you might say that women have the fundamental free will to decide. It’s what they decide that upsets us so, since God also told us not to murder.

As a man, I will never know what it is liked to be raped and impregnated by force; I really can’t understand why men act like animals and do such a thing. Incest makes me sick, just to think about it.

Still, must we not have compassion for the life of the unborn? Are these lives so repugnant that we cannot allow them to be lived?

Why Can’t We Love Them Both?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.