Middle School Girls Forced to Ask Classmates for ‘Lesbian Kiss’ During Anti-Bullying Presentation

christiannews.net/2013/04/20/middle-school-girls-forced-to-ask-classmates-for-lesbian-kiss-during-anti-bullying-presentation/

All I can say is…Dear Jesus and God help us. :signofcross:

Coon stated that she was especially irate over the matter because parents were given no warning about the presentations, nor an opportunity to opt out. She is also dismayed that college students were granted the right to come into the classroom and encourage her daughter to be sexually active.

“I am furious,” she declared. “I am her parent. Where does anyone get the right to tell her that it’s okay for her to have sex?”

“The school is overstepping its bounds in not notifying parents first and giving us the choice,” another parent remarked. “I thought it was very inappropriate. That kind of instruction is best left up to the parents.”

According to reports, during the workshop for the adolescent boys, the students were counseled to keep a condom in their pocket at all times, and were taught how to identify a woman who is a “slut.”

“I was absolutely furious – really furious,” an anonymous parent told reporter Todd Starnes. “These are just kids. I’m dumbfounded that they found this class was appropriate.”

Personally, if that was my kid, I would seriously either a) Take my kid out of school and homeschool, or b) Get an attorney. A powerful one. Or c) Do both.

Discuss at will, please. :thumbsup:

Story is a year old.

Do you have any updates to it?

Sounds good! Beware of American educrats who are obsessed with sex! A few (or perhaps some) of them are a clear and present danger to children!

Oh, by the way, the article was discussed in these two threads:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=779334
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=777049&page=7

Did not see those. Guess did not check. Sorry.

For those that still want to discuss, have at it. :thumbsup:

LOL. :):slight_smile:

An unregerated neanderthal like me would go to that school and start kicking a-- and then go to Bard College and start doning the same thing. Then I think it would be time to start the revolution, The Second American Revolution.

Linus2nd

If more parents would do this, then the problems would stop but parents don’t take their children out of school. Many don’t have the means to pay for private education and they are already paying outrageous taxes on their home so they want something for their money. They’ll say, well it was just one incident.

News story - 72 year old substitute teacher in Conn. masturbates in high school hallway

news.yahoo.com/substitute-teacher-72-arrested-furiously-masturbating-high-school-172019048.html

Just imagine the outrage if a priest did any of that.

BTW, where are all the scalding comments from those who went after the Church because of alleged cases of sexual abuse?

Where’s all the people who supposedly “care” about the children?

Yet again, their absence is quite convenient. :sadyes:

I would hope that if I were ever given news like that, that resuscitation equipment would be nearby, as I am sure I would have a stroke on the spot.

This has to be illegal. I would file criminal charges.

Might be past time for it.

This “controversy” turned out to be the result of internet rumors and kids making mischief.

Well this is just too much. The school, no school, has no business teaching this to any kid.

I have become very opinionated about some of this stuff, and I firmly believe that the only ones that should be teaching their kids about sexuality are their parents. Sure teach general biology and the birds and bees in school. But as far as proper sexual behavior and issues of sexual attraction, dating and so forth, the schools need to butt out.

When we had sex education at school, (around the age of 9 for me), we were taught simple biology, male vs female and how babies where conceived. That was it. The rest about dating, marriage and family life was left to our parents. I think some parents needs to get into the PTA at this school and keep raising all “you know what” over this one.

And we wonder why kids are losing contact with parents and reality. Our educational system is fostering it right and left. To any of the parents that might have the skill in this particular district, I would look into home schooling, even if I had to get a group of parents to work on this together. If I had a child they would not return to this school.

Hey folks, just an added note to the above: Has anyone thought of filing sexual assault charges against the instructors for making the girls do this? We don’t want the girls charged, but making kids kiss another against their will…now that might fall under some sort of abuse or assault law. Just a thought.

Explain, please. :shrug::shrug:

Me as well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly!

These parents could do a class action suit against the school. I do hope that someone presses criminal charges against all the adults involved. I would love to see that happen in this case.

the sessions are required under the state Dignity for All Students Act, which prohibits harassment and bullying in the classroom.

Wow. Just wow. Yet another reason to homeschool.

I don’t know anyone that says, hey I’ll send my kid to public school instead of private or homeschool because I’m paying for it already with my property taxes. And yes, I’m a homeschooler. It’s mind boggling to me anyone would justify their educational choice because of property taxes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.