Might be dealing with combination of demonic infestation and obsession

Please pray for me. My health has been in a downward spiral since I converted to Catholicism several months ago, and oftentimes I’m unable to think straight, angry, confused and despairing. I get loaded with scruples and my mind just blocks up, then I start getting depressed and mad at God and all sorts of temptations start flying at me. I get so stressed I feel physical illness and pain. I thought it was my illness but the symptoms are abnormal even for me, but because I am ill I’m afraid to talk to a priest about it for fear of dismissal, but the issues subside for the most part (except for normal manageable symptoms) when I either leave my apartment or prayerfully hang a St. Benedict medal in the room. I’m not so sure about my grandmother sometimes, but for a while now she’s been suspicious of people breaking in because her stuff disappears and turns up in weird places. Some nasty stuff has happened in our home, and I’m not so sure whether the chicken or the egg came first if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, a lot of bitterness and fighting from both sides, and from me verbal and occasional physical abuse and holes punched through walls (please don’t chide me, I feel like **** about it) - not to mention both of us are mentally ill, and I’ve screwed around with witchcraft in here before as well, not to mention listening to a lot of Satanic music. I’ve had a history with this stuff that’s run in parallel with my mental health issues and that makes it really hard to trust others with it. Stuff like lucid nightmares, knocks going around my room, when I was little I had dreams where I’d wake up and feel like I’m getting dragged out of bed by the ankles, I lost control of my body once in high school while yelling at someone and was just watching the rest of me go on autopilot from the back of my mind like a spectator to my own behavior. And not to mention that “normal/natural” life for me has been incredibly screwed up and sorrowful. Also, I seem to be in bondage to the sins of cynicism, arrogance, and hatred. Sometimes trying to fight them off seems pointless.

Dear Holy Archangel Michael,
PLEASE pray for, and PROTECT, “WoundedIcon”.
Please deliver “WoundedIcon” from all oppression from evil Spirits, Saint Michael,
and please drive them FAR AWAY FROM WoundedIcon and into the Abyss.
In the name of Jesus I ask you for this, AMEN.

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

You need to visit a conventional medical doctor and discuss your symptoms.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St. Pio, please pray for Wounded Icon.

Jesus, I trust in you.

I already am, and have been, receiving psychiatric help for several years. I was stable until this all started, and I’m stable when use the sacramentals or leave the apartment, but any other time medication doesn’t help much. Trust me, I’m not the first to jump to these kinds of conclusions, and I normally try to deduce what natural causes a given thing could be long before I come to this point. But when these kind of issues only go away when you have people praying for you against evil and not merely against sickness, eyebrows start to get raised. It took me months to just admit it because what (consciously) mentally ill person wants to make themselves look crazy?

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

That is good to hear. You are courageous and doing the right thing in seeking help. I would not presume to give you either religious or psychiatric advice, but do you have an effective way of ensuring your psychiatrist understands the religious dimensions of your experiences? Can you take someone with you who understands without having the emotional feelings you have about the religious side of things? I am not a believer, but a number of people pray for me, and I always feel supported by their concern for me, so I can see even as a non-believer how real your experiences are.

“Afraid” to talk to your priest is the only demonic element here…So let’s all pray that we can always subsist in faith, not fear.

Most High God, we prefer doubt, fear, and anger to faith, hope and love for You and love of our neighbors for the love of You. Accept our unconditional surrender. Thanks. Reign and rule in and through us, and let us avail ourselves of Your ever mercy and grace, especially that of ministration of Your power and authority in Your priesthood. Deliver us now and always and everywhere from the pressure, temptation, and distraction of the world, the flesh and the devil. Deliver us from all evil and receive our highest praise and humblest thanks. AMEN

Praying hard for you.

Praying for healing in mind, body and spirit. I do understand these things and also understand the need in all three area’s. You are taking care of the spiritual aspect in asking for prayers of deliverence. Don’t fret. Samson

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

WoundedIcon,
May I suggest, printing the prayers from link below and adapting so to be relevant to you and your circumstances…

catholicwarriors.com/pages/warfare_prayers.htm

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

May the most just, the most loveable, and the most high Will of God be done, be praised, be fulfilled in all things. Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb
JESUS

Holy Mary
Mother of GOD
Pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death

AMEN

May the most just, the most loveable, and the most high Will of God be done, be praised, be fulfilled in all things. Amen.

I feel you on the cynicism and anger. You’re not alone. To change I’ve been trying to find the root. We all need the help of grace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.