Military wife- CWOC or MCCW?

Is anyone a part of the Catholic Women of Chapel or Military Council of Catholic Women?

I am currently involed in the Protestant Women of the Chapel and I’m thinking about trying out the Catholic one. I was rasied Protestant and i am slowly liking more about the cathoilc church so i was thinking to switch and see what I liked. But I think I would like to know what to expect or anything reallly.
Thanks

I am not a member but would love more information about it if you have any! My husband is currently stationed away from us and it would be nice to be in touch with other catholic military wives.

[quote=bethe51]Is anyone a part of the Catholic Women of Chapel or Military Council of Catholic Women?

I am currently involed in the Protestant Women of the Chapel and I’m thinking about trying out the Catholic one. I was rasied Protestant and i am slowly liking more about the cathoilc church so i was thinking to switch and see what I liked. But I think I would like to know what to expect or anything reallly.
Thanks
[/quote]

Check out the Catholics…we are a fun bunch. If you have ANY QUESTION, please feel free to ask. You can post or PM if you like…Hi and W E L C :wave: M E to the fourm.

[quote=pfoos]I am not a member but would love more information about it if you have any! My husband is currently stationed away from us and it would be nice to be in touch with other catholic military wives.
[/quote]

Well I do know that they meet at all most every miltary post as well as overseas, I would check at all the chapels and ask if they have it there.

Hello girls!! Welcome to the newbees! My daughter was in the military and married a military man. She is stationed overseas, and they are devout Catholics. I will email her and ask her about this and get back with ya!:slight_smile: She attends some kind of meeting…may be what you are talking about. And Catholic Answers is a great source to learn more about what Catholics believe.

Hello!

I belong to the CWOC here at McGuire AFB, which is a great, supportive organization! We are really called MCCW, but go by CWOC so as to be a counter-part to the PWOC on base. This way, more people will know (recognize) who we are, I guess.

Here is the web address for the official MCCW worldwide organization:

mccw-worldwide.org/

Welcome and enjoy!
Tricia

Hi! I am not a member of MCCW here at the post where we are stationed. Just haven’t been able to make it there yet–the group is fairly new, just started in the last 6 months, but I hear it’s great. I say check it out. Ours, of course, is not quite as large or dynamic as PWOC, since it’s just getting started, but I have high hopes! Let us know how it goes!

Hi, I know it has been awhile since you posted your question. I am in the same boat too. And just unsure about what to do. I have been attending the pwoc but sometimes feel out of place, the chaplain has offered to begin a new group, but I am nervous to break away. What happened on your journey? How has it been to be part of the cwoc or mccw. Thankyou, Toryqueen:shrug:

I am a Navy wife and a Catholic and I never even heard of these orgs. We typically attend Mass off-base, so it’s not really that surprising I guess. We don’t live on post now, so our parish church is a neighborhood one.

I hope your search brings you much joy, peace and most of all – closeness to God.

I don’t think anyone else suggested it, but if you are discerning our faith you should check into RCIA first. Classes start in September or October world-wide in any Catholic Church. I noticed the military chapels (even in hospitals) offer it. So visit your local parish church (on post or off) and inquire about RCIA. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) To become a fully “practicing” Catholic (receiving Sacraments) one must go through this program. You don’t have to join the church if you take the RCIA classes – but it is an excellent way to learn more about our faith.

Also the book Catholicism for Dummies (not implying you are a “dummy”) is an EXCELLENT and concise intro to our faith. I highly suggest you pick up a copy. It is a super-quick read while VERY informative.

Good luck! And welcome to our forums!:thumbsup:

Ohps, didn’t check the date … apologies.

ok, so I know this is super old… but I’m the president of the one on Ft. RIley KS. If anyone has any questions about it feel free to PM me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.