Militia group heading to Texas border

brownsvilleherald.com/article_8088bca8-04b6-11e4-be69-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

chron.com/news/local/article/Anti-government-citizen-militia-groups-want-to-5604303.php

See DRUDGEREPORT.COM for more articles.

wow

Here is how the liberals are trying to spin this
mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Anti-government-citizen-militia-groups-want-to-5604303.php

I feel certain this was somehow coordinated.
How else can someone explain the sudden, and very orderly influx?

A quote; “to voluntarily guard private property in the Laredo area and other Texas locations where owners feel threatened”

The owners should feel threatened, as some property owners have been killed.
Of course the government can claim imminent domain and just turn the land over to those crossing the border.

God bless.

Just what we need. Gun toting idiots taking the law into their own hands.
Professionalism and security? I think not.

However, in a 21-minute Youtube video featuring a man who identifies himself as Cmdr. Chris Davis, the person said it’s time to secure the borders. “How?” he asked on the video. “You see an illegal. You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.’”

How’s that even legal? He has no legal standing to make or encourage others to make such a statement/threat from behind a gun.

If I was a local and they showed up at my property, I’d be telling them to be off before I called the real cops.

:thumbsup:

YEEEE-HAW!

And people out there think the country should be more like Texas?

From one of the links the OP gave:

brownsvilleherald.com/article_8088bca8-04b6-11e4-be69-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

However, in a 21-minute Youtube video featuring a man who identifies himself as Cmdr. Chris Davis, the person said it’s time to secure the borders. “How?” he asked on the video. “You see an illegal. You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.’”

How will they know when they “see an illegal”? Does “see an illegal” mean “see a brown person”? That’s troubling.

As an American I just have to say what an embarrassment.

No wonder People around the world have stereotypes about us with such foolishness.

Take away “Gun toting” and you have Obama.

Ishii

And what are citizens to do when the authorities do not secure the border? What are their options at that point?

Ishii

Jesus would have us welcome the stranger.

Not point a gun at him and not spend your 4th screaming at kids on buses.

Very classy Americans indeed.

Meaning, one supposes, that some believe it a moral duty to maintain no borders, order or societal cohesion at all. I don’t recall Jesus saying that. He could have, of course, as invasions were not unknown in his time. But he didn’t endorse them.

It’s a shame it has come to this. When the government refuses to protect the society it governs, this is what it encourages. I am not a supporter of militias, and think militias going to the border could be problematic in a number of ways. Perhaps I am unduly pessimistic, but this country elected an administration that quite clearly seems to hate the country and wishes it ill. That this administration would prove such a boon to criminals who milk the relatives of these children and cause them to be abused for its narrow political purposes is unconscionable and unforgiveable.

Until its time in office passes, though, I think we’ll see much worse things than this, and the populace is helpless to prevent it. The Repubs can’t do anything to stop them because Harry Reid won’t even let his own party members vote. It’s a terrible thing, and may spell the doom of this society. Interesting how delicate and easily harmed our system really is. I don’t think we thought that before Obama.

Oh, I think people around the world now know how little Obama cares about his own countrymen. Possibly they previously thought it was only people in other countries for whom he cared nothing.

Is it always right to welcome strangers who intentionally trespass into the country,or to keep children from other countries who have been sent here by their irresponsible parents?

This is more than a liberal versus conservative issue, and I really wish people could let go of this childish argument.

If immigration officials had been doing their job for the last 30 years, let alone recently, this problem would not be as bad as we see it now. People have turned a blind eye to illegals working in this country for years. Any company, large or small, found to be willingly employing anyone, from any country, without the proper visa’s and legal status should be shut down immediately. But forbid that by all means. Because big business is all for cheap labor, cheating employees, avoiding taxes and huge profit.

People: it is about the money and who controls it. It would not matter who lived to the south of us, Russians, Asians, Hispanics, Blacks, or Jews, Dutchmen, the Swiss…who ever…if they could supply us with cheap labor and big business could profit from it, they would be the one’s flooding the border. Oppression makes people flee and I can’t blame them. But very often the oppressors could care less as long as they can continue their oppressive behaviors wherever the masses are in need.

Oh, yes this is how globalization works and that old habit of outsourcing all our jobs to other countries. So much for the concern of most leaders for the welfare of the masses. We have been for sale the cheapest bidder since Reaganomics came into the picture.

Reaganomics?

What’s at issue here, and what is actually topical, is the influx of children (and likely gang members) into this country in the flood now being experienced. Those who have been allowed to interview them tell the same story. They were told they could stay if only they could get here. After all preceding years, they didn’t believe that, so why do they now? It’s precisely because Obama decided, on his own, to amnesty young illegals in this country, despite the law.

So let’s look at what’s really going on, rather than reaching back to Reagan’s time to explain a very recently generated, and different, phenomenon.

Angry armed men pouring into the area from out of town.

The “cure” is far worse than the problem.

ICXC NIKA

A lot of your Fortune 500 is liberal, Warren Buffet? Call him a Conservative? Let’s not be fooled.

Didn’t the Unions originally protest over undocumented workers taking American Jobs but have since backed down on that position?

There is some sort of old Federal Law that State Governor’s actually can call out State Militias, Militias in whatever that is understood to be. I would gather that in a state of real emergency, they could be needed. Now whether these Militia groups fit that billing, I don’t know but the Governor or possibly State Legislature would need to authorize it.

You say it’s not a liberal vs conservative issue then blame it on Reaganomics. Contradict yourself very often?

Uh, I believe this is exactly why our founding fathers saw it best to have structured and legitimate Militias…they are doing what they were created for. I say more power to them.

Would you prefer Govt and law enforcement have TOTAL control? lol

Its sad to see in modern times, so many people going against what the founders wanted for this once great nation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.