Militia Immaculata Recruiters Office

:smiley: Okay, please form a line and we’ll get each of you moving and answer your questions about consecration to the Blessed Virgin and the work that we Knights do.

There’s room for all of you so don’t push and shove.

Welcome to the ranks of the Militia Immaculata.
Welcome to Consecration.com!

What is Militia of the Immaculata? The Militia of the Immaculata (MI) is a worldwide evangelization movement founded by St. Maximilian Kolbe in 1917 that encourages total consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary as a means of spiritual renewal for individuals and society.
The MI movement is open to all Catholics. It employs prayer as the main weapon in the spiritual battle with evil. MIs also immerse themselves in apostolic initiatives throughout society, either individually or in groups, to deepen the knowledge of the Gospel and our Catholic Faith in themselves and in others.
Marian consecration is a formal act of self-giving that does not stop at Mary, but is Christ-directed. It is really consecration to Jesus. The MI’s mission is "To Lead Every Individual With Mary to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus."
By joining the MI, members become willing instruments of Our Lady, the woman foreshadowed in Genesis 3:15. She leads them to personal sanctification, the conversion of Church opponents and ultimately the universal reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Any questions?

Already an MI? Tell us about it!

:smiley: good idea. I try to promote this at my Legion of Mary meeting soon. Many of us are being consecrated to Her in the manner of St. Louis de Montfort, but we had not heard about that of the manner of St. Maximilian Kolbe.

At first, I thought they were similiar, but I was reading some information online last month and learn that there is a key different between the two.

Q. How is this different from the St. Louis de Montfort consecration?
A. The MI has an apostolic thrust, i.e., each person is encouraged to find some way, no matter how simple, to bring others to Our Lady. The MI has as its goal the consecration of every person. MI consecration is at heart a simple act of the will. St. Louis de Montfort has a much more detailed preparation and his was primarily focused on one’s personal sanctification.

consecration.com/default.aspx?id=11#distinctions

I also find the Novena to St. Maximilian Kolbe very helpful in this consecration discernment.

consecration.com/default.aspx?id=174

Who is St. Maximilian Kolbe?

John Paul II said: “Prayer doesn’t change things. Prayer changes people, and people change things.” Is that true? What about the bible stories where Joshua ran around the battle of Jericho and the walls came tumbling down and the historical evidence that walls did fall? What about Jesus who fed the people with loaves and fishes. Didn’t God do those things for people? They couldn’t have done them themselves, they were human, right? Jesus said, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains.” Does prayer change our hearts so that we have a faith that allows God to work miracles through us? “He could not do any miracles there except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.” Mark 6:5 “And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.” Matthew 13:58

Many saints have been reported to do miracles such as healings: St. Francis of Assisi and St. Padre Pio in Italy are Catholic saints that mainly Catholics recognize for doing miracles as well as for having stigmata, that may be a sign that these men had become virtually Christlike by the end of their lives. However, on the Jewish Virtual Library, there is a page dedicated to St. Maximilian Kolbe, a Catholic saint devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary (he later renamed himself Maximilian Maria after her) who hid two thousand Jews in his friary and when taken to the Auschwitz Concentration camps offered to die in place of another person because that person had family and he did not. He was starved and dehydrated but he continued to lead the men in songs and prayer. After three weeks of dehydration and starvation, only Kolbe and three others were still alive. Finally he was murdered with an injection of carbolic acid. I got this from the Jewish Virtual Library: jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Kolbe.html He did evangelize, creating a monthly magazine with a circulation of over one million and a newspaper of over 230,000, but *isn’t staying alive after being starved and dehydrated for three weeks miracle? To be singing songs and encouraging people to have faith in God and Mary while in a concentration camp a miracle? To be so devout that a Jewish site lists a Catholic saint as Righteous Among the Nations? Could he have done this without the help of our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary? *

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our deaths.

Hello!

I am happy to say that, by the Grace of God, I consecrated myself to the Blessed Virgin Mary five years ago on the The Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary!

Life changing…

The first boy my wife and I conceive will most likely be Maximilian!

(So far He has blessed us with three beautiful girls!!! I pray that they too will be called to the MI!)

I have consecrated myself to the Blessed Virgin by the methods of both St Louis de Montfort and St Maximillian Kolbe, though I must admit that I’m hardly the best of servants for Our Lady as I have been known to go without praying the rosary for several days or offer any other form of Marian devotion. Nonetheless, it only seems proper that I be consecrated to her since it was she who had mercy upon me several years ago and introduced me to the Church and the saving power of her Son.

I wear a Miraculous Medal in accordance with the wishes of St Maximillian, but I’ve yet to act in accordance with apostolate by spreading the good news of Mary and/or the Medal. Perhaps one day I will do just that, but until then I just hope to be able to grow closer to my Mother.

15 Promises Our Lady gave for praying the Most Holy Rosary

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
  2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary
  3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  5. The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
  6. Whoever shall recit the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in his justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
  7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
  8. Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  9. I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
  10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
  11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
  12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
  13. I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
  14. All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
  15. Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

MI seems to have difficulty being well-established on the east coast. All their really good events are in the midwest or california.

Not to found of the group myself.

I always get letters and notices asking for money, but when I had ended up not consecrating myself on the date I was to and lost my certificate. I emailed asking for advice on what to do and never heard back.

In fact whenever I email asking for advice I never get a response, same for phone calls.

Yet I always ALWAYS get stuff asking for money.

I renewed my consecration in August! I love being part of the MI. We consecrate our parish every year!!

For those who need a consecration form and info, I thought I’d provide one for you.

This scan should be big enough for you to print out and fill in and mail…

It’s taken from the latest edition of Immaculata Magazine that just came in the mail today!

Great stuff in there!

Wait til you guys read the story of the Knight who consecrated himself while in prison! Miraculous!

Black Knight uploaded this image to

Okay, who’s next since we have several excellent Marian feast days coming up in the last 2 months of this year.

My own renewal is the 27th of this month and I am really looking forward to it!

This will make 5 years! :thumbsup:

Hey, who all else is Militia Immaculata here at CAF? C’mon guys and gals, step up! :smiley:

Hello,

I would be interested in hearing about how you promote the MI around your parish and to other Catholics in person? Do you distribute the brochures as printed by Marytown? How do you broach the subject of the Miraculous Medal to Catholics who may not be aware of its promises?

Aren’t we already consecrated to Christ by our Baptisms?

Yes, we are, but how often we keep this promise, how often we are in union with Christ? Who could help us do this better if it is not His Mother?

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

From St. Louis Mary de Montfort’s True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, which St. Maximilian Maria’s consecration is based on, ewtn.com/library/montfort/truedevo.htm. To the best of my horribly imperfect knowledge, St. Maximilian Maria went around posting excerpts of St. Louis Mary de Montfort’s True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin at one time in his life. This devotion is a **2. A perfect renewal of baptismal promises **
**126. ** I have said that this devotion could rightly be called a perfect renewal of the vows and promises of holy baptism. Before baptism every Christian was a slave of the devil because he belonged to him. At baptism he has either personally or through his sponsors solemnly renounced Stan, his seductions and his works. He has chosen Jesus and his Master and Sovereign Lord and undertaken to depend upon him as a slave of love. This is what is done in the devotion I am presenting to you. We renounce the devil, the world, sin and self, as expressed in the act of consecration, and we give ourselves entirely to Jesus through Mary. We even do something more than at baptism, when ordinarily our god-parents speak for us and we are given to Jesus only by proxy. In this devotion we give ourselves personally and freely and we are fully aware of what we are doing.

In holy baptism we do not give ourselves to Jesus explicitly through Mary, nor do we give him the value of our good actions. After baptism we remain entirely free either to apply that value to anyone we wish or keep it for ourselves. But by this ocnsecration we give ourselves explictly to Jesus through Mary’s hands and we include in our consecration the value of all our actions.

**127. ** “Men” says St. Thomas, “vow in baptism to renounce the devil and all his seductions.“This vow,” says St. Augustine, is the greatest and the most indispensable of all vows.” Canon Law experts say the same thing: The vow we make at baptism is the most important of all vows." But does anyone keep this great vow? Does anyone fulfill the promises of baptism faithfully? Is it not true that nearly all Christians prove unfaithful to the promises made to Jesus in baptism? Where does this universal failure come from, if not from man’s habitual forgetfulness of the promises and responsibilities of baptism and from the fact that scarcely anyone makes a personal ratification of the contract made with God through his sponsors?

**128. ** This is so true that the Council of Sens, convened by order of the Emperor Louis the Debonair to remedy the grave disorders of Christendom, came to the conclusion that the **main cause of this moral breakdown was man’s forgetfulness of his baptisimal promises and his disregard for them. ** It could suggest no better way of remedying this great evil than to encourage all Christians to renew the promises and vows of baptism.

**129. ** The Cathechism of the Council of Trent, faithful interpreter of that holy Council, exhorts priests to do the same and to encourage the faithful to remember and to hold fast to the belief that they are bound and consecrated as slaves to Jesus, their Redeemer and Lord. The parish priest shall exhort the faithful never to lose sight of the fact that they are bound in conscience to dedicate and consecrate themselves for ever to their Lord and Redeemer as his slaves."

**130. ** Now the Councils, the Fathers of the Church and experience itself, all indicate that the best remedy for the frequent lapses of Christians is to remind them of the responsibilities of their baptism and have them renew the vows they made at that time. Is it not reasonable therefore to do this in our day and in a perfect manner by adopting this devotion with its consecration to our Lord through his Blessed Mother? I say, ,“in a pefect manner” for in making this consecration to Jesus, we are adopting the perfect means of giving ourselves to him which is the most Blessed Virgin Mary.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

131. ** No one can object that this devotion is novel or of no value. It is not new, since the Councils, the Fathers of the Church, and many authors both past and present, speak of consecration to our Lord or renewal of baptismal vows as something going back to ancient times and recommended to all the faithful. Nor is it valueless, since the chief source of moral disorders and the consequent eternal loss of Christians spring from the forgetfulness of this practice and indifference to it.

**132. ** Some may object that this devotion makes us powerless to help the souls of our relatives, friends and benefactors, since it requires us to give our Lord through Mary, the value of our good works, prayers, penances, and alms-giving.

To them I reply: 1) It is inconceivable that our friends, relatives and benefactors should suffer any loss because we have dedicated and consecrated ourselves unconditionally to the service of Jesus and Mary; it would be an affront to the power and goodness of Jesus and Mary who will surely come to the aid of our relatives, friends and benefactors whether from our meagre spiritual assets or from other sources.

1. This devotion does not prevent us from praying for others, both the living and the dead, even though the application of our good works depends on the will of our Blessed Lady. On the contrary, it will make us pray with even greater confidence. Imagine a rich man, who, wanting to show his esteem for a great prince, gives his entire fortune to him. Would not that man have greater confidence in asking the prince to help one of his friends who needs assistance? Indeed the prince would only be too happy to have such an opportunity of proving his gratitude to one who had sacrificed all that he possessed to enrich him, thereby impoverishing himself to do him honour. The same must be said of our Lord and our Lady. They will never allow themselves to be outdone in gratitude.

**133. ** Some may say, perhaps, if I give our Lady the full value of my actions to apply it to whom she wills, I may have to suffer a long time in purgatory. This objection, which arises from self-love and from an unawareness of the generosity of God and his holy Mother, refutes itself.

Take a fervent and generous soul who values God’s interests more than his own. He gives God all he has without reserve till he can give no more. He desires only that the glory and the kingdom of Jesus may come through his Mother, and he does all he can to bring this about. Will this generous and unselfish soul, I ask, be punished more in the next world for having been more generous and unselfish than other people? Far from it! For we shall see later that our Lord and his Mother will prove most generous to such a soul with gifts of nature, grace and glory in this life and in the next.

*134. ** We must now consider as briefly as possible: 1) The motives which commend this devotion to us, 2) the wonderful effects it produces in faithful souls, and 3) the practices *of this devotion.

I do most of it by word of mouth and by reference to the MI website.

It also something that I recommend to every new convert I encounter.

Hey, don’t forget that we have a perpetual MI prayer chain going on.

Perpetual Militia Immaculata Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel for the conversion of souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.