MIL's marriage in trouble

Hi everyone, I am asking for prayers for my MIL’s marriage. She is much older than her husband, her second husband and not a marriage blessed by God, but nonetheless her second husband. She never got an annulment from her first husband and my husband’s dad. She is not Catholic and is very anti-Catholic. Anyway, she recently told me the her marriage is in trouble because of their recently adoption of her granddaughter who has Cerebral palsy. The truth came out tonight. She came out and said she believes her husband who is much younger than her by 20 years, is spending too much time with the neighbor who is now getting a divorce. Apparently, this neighbor talks a lot to her husband about her marital problems and he comforts her. My MIL must be jealous and rightly so from I have seen too. Her husband and this woman are the same age and have a lot in common. I don’t know why she is getting a divorce, but my MIL can’t wait for her to move out since her house is going to be foreclosed on. My MIL also expressed how she never gets to see her dh anymore. She works days and he works nights. He can move to days, according to her, but he refuses to do that and says he likes nights better. She is upset with him for not doing this to improve their marriage. She doesn’t think it is good for their marriage to never see one another. She also said she doesn’t know what he does there at the house during the day after he sleeps of course.

Anyway, she has always said she had a perfect marriage. I don’t know how long they have been married for my dh doesn’t acknowledge their marriage and tells her and his father that in the eyes of God they are still married. They were married in the Catholic Church. She qualifies for an annulment, but hates the Church now.

Please can you pray for my MIL. She sounded so depressed tonight it broke my heart. She has never complained about her marriage to me since I have met her son, my dh. The opposite is true and that she always said her marriage was the best in the word. I know that her husband is also beginning to see the age difference as a problem all of a sudden. He is now making jokes of his, my MIL’s, age. This has never happen either since I have known them.

So they have the stress of never seeing each other and the stress of a daughter now who is very sickly. She has more than just cerebral palsy. She is only 7 years old. Please pray that they can work things out and get their marriage blessed and for strength with their new daughter.

Praying For Your Mil,husband, And 7 Yr. Old Daughter.
Grandma Glor

praying…

Father please send Your Holy Spirit to the aid of this couple and their child. Help the husband who appears to be overcome by the responsibilies and stresses of family needs. Please open his heart to healing and love. Please comfort his suffering wife and help her to be a warm light to win back her husband’'s heart. I ask You for Your merciful love to flow into this familyto heal and sanctify it, in the name of Jesus.
I ask the Father to also flood His blessings on you and your family…in Jesus name.

Praying…

Know that I am praying for a most positive outcome!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying.

God bless,
Ut

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying…:gopray:

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Prayers promised

I want to thank you all for your prayers and say that I see them working. My MIL called tonight and talked with dh for thirty minutes. This woman has never been one to talk about God in her life and how He has worked in her life. She has harbored so much hatred for the Catholic Church that I think she blamed God for that too. Anyway, since asking for your prayers, she came to the realization that Jesus is her only hope for her marriage and her daughter’s health. She said that both her and her husband are unhappy and so stressed out and in counseling. She admitted needing God more than ever in her life and said she is praying daily now. This is great news. She is seeing that this is a cross that she must bare and needs Jesus to help her carry it. Like I said, I was shocked to hear her talk this way. So thank you Jesus and all of your intercession on their part. I can give their first names, so please continue to pray for Charles and Gail and their marriage and for them individually to deal with their challenging child. She admitted also today that this child as difficult as she is to take care of is a blessing in their life.

Thanks for the prayers.

Continuing in prayer for all

Update:
First thanks for the prayers for they need all the prayers they can get. I talked to my MIL recently and I was shocked to hear that her husband has mentioned the word divorce. He said he would get one, but can’t afford one. This upset my MIL so much who loves him so much. He won’t talk to her and has clammed up. She only talks to the woman next door, so now my MIL is sure they are having an affair. I am not sure yet, but do believe if that they continue to talk as long as they have it could develop into one for the other woman is getting a divorce.

My MIL called today and their pastor can’t counsel them anymore and said they need a real psychologist to help them out. He has referred them to one. They go sometime this week for that. I did not know that things were at the point of a divorce.

Thanks for your prayers. I hope that both my MIL and her husband will find the truth in God and that will set them free in whatever His will is for them. Now the 7 year old girl is involved in all this. Apparently, she is acting out in school and having several tantrums a day. She has cerebral palsy and asthma and other serious problems and doesn’t need this added stress now at home. Keep little Kristina in your prayers too. Thanks and God Bless you all.

+JMJTJ+

I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Keep praying. The first counseling session went well even though when the husband was asked if he wanted to stay married he said he didn’t know. He did admit to loving my MIL. He brought up things that have happened years ago now and that they bother him. I think he kept a lot to himself and is now letting go of it all. My MIL said that they are not really speaking to each other when alone in the house. She made a comment that he plays more with the dog than give her attention. She told me that she is very lonely and misses the marriage they use to have.

Continue to pray for them and thank you.

LORD Jesus
Guide Ur Children

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.