Mini-pilgrimage: The Way of St. Jude

Need some feedback, ideas, and other input on an idea I’m working on. I’m looking for ideas on what other prayers, novenas, etc that could be done at each parish, and ideas for what could be done on the way to each one. Also looking for potential problems you could foresee, or any opportunities as well. Plus looking for any special things that could be done.

In connection to the plenary indulgence that has been granted by the Pope for the Year of Mercy, I’ve been thinking of setting up a sort of mini-pilgrimage in our Diocese of St. Petersburg, similar to the pilgrimage of the Way of St. James (Camino de Santiago). One of the ways to obtain it is through pilgrimage to a cathedral.

I was envisioning a walking pilgrimage beginning in our most beautiful church, Sacred Heart in Tampa, and then walking to several more parishes on the way, performing prayers and adoration in each one until we reach the Cathedral of St. Jude. The trip would be about 34 miles, with 9-10 miles requiring cars/vans/uber to cross over the bridge over the bay. Figuring a brisk walking pace of 4-5 miles per hour the trip would take all day (factoring in restroom/lunch breaks). Obviously would only allow those who are in good physical condition to participate.

Here is how I see it laying out:

Sacred Heart
Confessions
Mass

(on way to CtK, about 3.5 miles)

Christ the King
Novena to Christ the King
Adoration of Eucharist in Tabernacle and veneration of relics if available

(on way to St. Patrick, about 3 miles)

St. Patrick
Chaplet of St. Patrick (with prayer beads for each pilgrim) or Lorica of St. Patrick

(on way to HF, about 1 mile walking, 9 miles riding)

Holy Family
Novena to the Holy Family

(on way to St. Raphael, about 4.5 miles

St. Raphael
Novena to St. Raphael

(on way to St. Mary, rosary is prayed, about 2.5 miles)

St. Mary, Our Lady of Grace
Prayer to Our Lady of Grace

(on way to St. Joseph, Chaplet of St. Joseph is prayed, about 2.5 miles)

St. Joseph
Novena to St. Joseph or Prayer for the Church Militant

(on way to MHN, about 3.5-4 miles)

Most Holy Name of Jesus
Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus

(on way to St. Jude, about 2 miles)

Cathedral of St. Jude
Novena to St. Jude
Mass?

I’m looking for any great ideas, to basically focus us all day on the indulgence, on the Catholic faith, and celebrating all the faith has for us.

Bump.

Any thoughts or ideas from others on improvements or other ideas?

Novena to the Sacred Heart at the start, maybe? At each parish, pray for a specific intention, (ex: At St. Joseph, pray for the intentions of the Church, At Holy Name, pray for the victims of violence across the world, etc.)

EXCELLENT suggestion! Thank you. Any others?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.