Second Vatican Council:

DECLARATION ON RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
DIGNITATIS HUMANAE
ON THE RIGHT OF THE PERSON AND OF COMMUNITIES
TO SOCIAL AND CIVIL FREEDOM IN MATTERS RELIGIOUS
PROMULGATED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON DECEMBER 7, 1965
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651207_dignitatis-humanae_en.html

newstheman,

imho you are wasting your time conversing with somebody who professes to believe the Scriptures show Jesus supported gay marriage. “If upon hearing the truth, and refusing to believe it” - sometimes we just have to shake the dust from our feet and move on.

God bless you.

As christians should we not be trying to help our nonchristian fellows to live a life that causes less harm? Which would include not living in a gay marriage.

By accepting gay marriage are you not accepting that it is ok for them to have homosexual relations which the Bible explicitly says it is not ok?

By saying gay marriage is ok your normalise behaviour that shouldnt be normalised. By normalising it, you lead more people into sin, as social acceptance of homosexual acts which is evil will thus increase.

Yes we need to be Christian in the way we go about it, but it does not mean we have to change our beliefs or lessen the seriousness of the sin. People who feel homosexual urges should be welcomed into the Church, but they need to know that to commit a homosexual act is a sin. We all have urges such as my sexual urges. But I do my best to avoid committing a sin where i would have sexual relations outside marrirage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.