Minor Surgery, Job, and Parents' Well-Being

I would like to make three prayer intention requests of CAF prayer warriors and friends.

1. On Tuesday, December 16th at 3:00 p.m., I’m scheduled for minor surgery to combat an eye infection that I’ve had for several months now. The procedure itself should be routine and easy. That said, any time sharp surgical instruments need to go anywhere near an eye, prayers would be comforting.

2. I have been blessed up until this time with a temporary contract position. This is a crucial point. They’re deciding whether to let me go now that my assignment is winding down, or keep me on as a permanent employee. And several days ago on the job, I was once again placed in a position where I found it necessary to hold true to my beliefs as a Catholic. I was asked if I could stay late and work overtime on Monday, to which question it became necessary for me to state that the reason why I could not stay that evening was because it was a Holy Day (Feast of the Immaculate Conception) and I needed to go to Mass. I’m hoping that the decision to hire me will be made fairly based on my performance and what I can do for the company, and that my having acted in accordance with my beliefs will be seen as a good thing rather than being held against me.

3. Here is a big one: My mother is suffering major back pain which I’ve been told by a relative is being caused by fractures in her spine, and also battling depression. She is the caregiver for my father, who is a stroke survivor, and very much affected by all this. Please pray for both physical healing as well as emotional strength so that depression will not overcome them.

Thank you very much for any prayers you can say for my family and myself.

~~ the phoenix

Have read your intentions, and will remember them in my prayers.

Blessings to you

Praying for your intentions Phoenix…

Phoenix…that whole barrowload of concerns … I’ll try to join my prayers with yours and with the others, in hope that God’s merciful love will ease all of them.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Children

Praying for your intentions!

Praying for your intentions, Phoenix…

God bless.

Dear

SarahR, SimonX, Trishie, jesu1983, 244Rocket, and Pier:

Many thanks for the kindness of your prayers.

The pain and irritation around my eye has lessened a bit, improved from two days ago, as I continue to wait for the upcoming surgery on this Tuesday afternoon.

I may find out something about the job situation tomorrow, but everything seems really up in the air.

My mother sounded better on the phone. Now let’s hope she really is taking it easy and not physically overdoing things with her back the way it is.

I will write all your names on a prayer list and present you before the Lord tonight when I go to the Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.

:blessyou:

~~ the phoenix

praying

Dear Friend, You and your intentions are always remembered throughout the day(s) and prayed for.

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed are you among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.