Miracle in the Philippines!

I am convinced it is a miracle. Typhoon Parma was heading straight towards Isabela Provence where my wife’s family lives. Thursday evening It was a category 4 and strengthening. Edie was so worried she hadn’t been able to sleep well for days. I posted my prayer request here and we went to bed and prayed. There was nothing else we could do. It was a fitful night for both of us but maybe that was a blessing. I woke up ten or twenty times. Every time I would say a couple of decades of the rosary and then drift back to sleep.

When the alarm rang the next morning I got up and checked the storms progress on line. It looked like it was taking a turn toward the north and weekending. I continued to pray yesterday and last night. This morning I see Parma made land fall as a category 2 and rapidly weakened to a category 1. The storm veered way north of my wife’s province. Hundreds, maybe thousands are hurting but there have been no reports of deaths. It could have been much, much worse!

Sometime early Friday morning US time the storm made a striking change. It is almost like somebody slammed on the breaks and turned the steering wheel to the right. I know who that somebody was! Thanks be to God.

Click here
and you will see the path of the storm.

Please continue to pray for the millions in Southeast Asia who are suffering because of the storms, earthquakes. and tsunamis that have struck the region in the last two weeks. Prayer may be the only thing we can do but after last night I am convinced it is the best thing we can do.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence we fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother.
To thee do we come; before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Praise be to God.All glory and honour is Yours Almighty Father forever and ever Amen
This is wonderful news i have been praying for you.The Lord does answer prayers.God bless

Lord we thankyou most graciously for turning the typhoon down and stopping its dangerous heading.We are most grateful to You Father for this blessing and we ask You would heal those suffering the other tragic events earthquake and tsunami.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Thank you God for everything you do for us.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.