Miracle Needed

May God's mercy and love envelop you, console you and strengthen you. You living a nightmare..

My question, where are all those friends and relatives who encouraged you to marry? Not one of them is willing to take you in? I would probably move to the other side of the country to be away from this man. I doubt he would come for the kids....

Have you tried submitting resumes EVERYWHERE? I know that you do indeed need a miracle so perhaps mypractical advice is not worth much...

All I can say is that I wish I had a place for every woman and children in your situation"! I will go pray!

Thank you, Thank you! Every prayer is appreciated!:grouphug:

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions and prayers for MiracleNeeded and her family, and we ask you for your mercy, strength, and courage for her as she endures great suffering in her current situation. Lord, we know you love MiracleNeeded and her children, and you want the best for them, please help this dear woman to find the path you have prepared for her and to maintain her inner faith, hope, and love - despite the difficulties and trials she endures. Please send faithfilled and helpful people into this family's life and help the family to see the face of Jesus in those you send to assist them. This family's situation is fragile and their hope is frayed, please help to restore and empower this mother and this family at this time.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

St. Rita, patron Saint of impossible and lost causes, please pray for us and for this family's welfare.

Amen.

[quote="MiracleNeeded, post:4, topic:247310"]
I should also add. He was divorced, but his first wife was unfaithful - he wanted to work it out, she did not and left him. (She has since been divorced once or twice more.) So, we could not marry in the Catholic Church. He was not Catholic when we married, but went through RCIA. He filed for an annulment, and we were told it was an easy case (this was before his affairs came to light.) However, we have been unable to get all the testimonys turned in. The final one (I think you need 3) always gets lost in the mail (and he has had ones mailed in my different people.) Looking back, I believe this was/is a sign from God that he did not intend for this marriage to happen.

[/quote]

You're saying then that you are not married in the Catholic Church?
You did not enter into a Sacramental marriage with him?

Yet you are still with him and outside the Church?

[quote="MiracleNeeded, post:20, topic:247310"]
Thank you for your suggestion, I will try it beginning today! Thank you for your prayer, it touched me.

We do not have a woman's shelter near here. I can not leave, as I have a job with insurance, it does not provide much, but it does give me my only means of support.

Plus, I have been to see an attorney. I have all the proof about the other women, but anything else that happens will be "he said, she said." The attorney said there is no way to keep him away from the kids unless it was something as serious as molestation (which he has not done) of the children.

I would live in a tailor, if it meant that we were free from him.

This is why I need a miracle that would seperate him from us. I do not wish him harm in any way, I wish him freedom from his problems, and a good life. I just want us to be free from him.

[/quote]

You are welcome. I will continue praying for you.

Some women's shelters are hidden in plain sight to protect the victims of abuse. So, it may not look like a shelter, but it is. A nun I met once described a shelter the church was running...it has been a while, but I do remember that she said that they may even be able to help you get a new job, and help you to relocate, and also help you and the children financially until you get up on your own feet. Of course, as I am sure you know, you would have to check with them to see what sort of financial resources and services they have available to help you and the children.

I think I can speak for most when I say that I understand completely why you want to be free of him. He has brought himself to a souless, dark place by his actions.

As a child of God, you and your children have every right to live in the light of our Lord and Savior. Hold steadfast to God, have faith that He has already brought you out of this dilemma, and that you will see the fruits of your prayers and the prayers of others immediately.

I trust that you will be able to bring yourself out of this situation, and that your ex-husband (start living your future now) will be nowhere in sight, and you and your children will live happily ever after minus your ex. Remember, you are the daughter of The Most Highest. He will lead you, just listen because sometimes God talks to us in the most subtlest of ways. Also, trust your gut instinct. You clearly have excellent intuition. Use it! It is God's way of communicating with us many times.

I will keep my eyes out for more postings from you. Don't hesitate to post often. Sometimes, we all need support when we are going through storms.

God bless you and your children!

Heavenly Father, thank You for leading Your Princess and Your children that You have given her out of this unholy alliance. Thank You Lord for protecting them and guiding them all the days of their lives.

You and MonicaCatholic both have my prayers.

I understand what you are going through. I am divorced myself from a physically and emotionally abusive man with whom I have a now 22 year old son. Like you, I was convinced that if I divorced I would end up in government housing or in a bedsit. I was convinced that I would never manage financially and that it was impossible.

However, I realised that I could not bring my son up in such a bad marriage. I sought a divorce and after a very long bitter court battle was awarded the right to live in the house and financial support from my (ex) husband until I remarried or our son reached 21. Shortly after my separation I met a wonderful man to whom I have been married for 17 years. (A whole other story!) We own our own home with a lovely garden, I work fulltime as a head of department in a very nice private school and our son has just finished a degree at Oxford University.

Every single day for months I prayed and cried so much for all of us and read the chapter in Matthew where Jesus talks about the sparrows in the field being clothed and fed (Matthew 6:26-33).

You have my prayers.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well. – Julian of Norwich.

[quote="catharina, post:24, topic:247310"]
You're saying then that you are not married in the Catholic Church?
You did not enter into a Sacramental marriage with him?

Yet you are still with him and outside the Church?

[/quote]

I am legally married to him. I have consulted with an attorney, and basically would get nothing in a divorce except a tiny bit of child support. Every state is different, but the one I live in does not protect the wife and children. Not only that, but he would get visitation and he is not responsible enough to have the children, they are not safe around him, and there is no telling what they would be exposed to! I have no way out of this. My question is not if I SHOULD stay. The problem is that I am stuck, I am simply looking for prayers to God to get me out of this somehow! I know, it seems like I should just leave, it seems to an outside person that it is so easy. And, if I could leave and the children would never have contact with him again, I would and I would just find a way to make it work financally! But, it is not that simple.

Don't you have any friends or family in another city or state who can take you in temporarily? I'm sure you must have one or two loving people in your life who would like to help you escape this situation. It sounds like you certainly need the distance to get things figured out.
Sending prayers your way.

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for helping Miracle and her children. Amen.

I'd get out of the situation if at all possible. And since you weren't sacramentally married the "marriage" is not binding in the eyes of the Church and can be easily be declared null (an annulment). Seems like a bad situation for both the kids and you.

[quote="NiceMimi, post:18, topic:247310"]
Perhaps, it is time to bring out the 54 Day Rosary Novena. You pray a Rosary each day for 54 days. You can start with any of the Mysteries, and pray one Mystery a day. You should get a response in three months. Why three months? I don't know, but it works.

You can also condense the Rosary Novena to nine days. You pray 6 Mysteries a day for 9 days. You would get a response in about 20 days. I've done the 54 Day Rosary Novena both ways, and the results have been absolutely miraculous!

Since you have a job, a home, and children to take care of, you may just want to do the 54 Day Rosary Novena in 54 days. It would run to about 10-15 minutes a day. I know with your responsibilities, it is a challenge, but just stick to it.

By-the-way, you can condense the 54 Day Rosary Novena in whatever time interval you want within 54 days, and you still get results.

[/quote]

I am condensing the Novena as you suggested, it has been a challenge, but I have completed the first half of the Novena! 27 down and now 27 to go! I pray that you are correct about its miraculous results! It has certainly been a challenge, but I am willing to do whatever is necessary. Nothing is too hard for my reward to be freedom from this man!

[quote="MiracleNeeded, post:31, topic:247310"]
I am condensing the Novena as you suggested, it has been a challenge, but I have completed the first half of the Novena! 27 down and now 27 to go! I pray that you are correct about its miraculous results! It has certainly been a challenge, but I am willing to do whatever is necessary. Nothing is too hard for my reward to be freedom from this man!

[/quote]

God bless you! You will see the results pretty quickly! Our Blessed Mother is a serious intercessor. Please let us know how it goes! God bless you again!

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for taking over Miracle's situation, and for bringing peace, protection, and the help she and her children need in their lives. Thank You Father, for showing her Your Holy Presence. Amen.

[quote="MiracleNeeded, post:4, topic:247310"]
I should also add. He was divorced ... So, we could not marry in the Catholic Church. He was** not** Catholic when we married, but went through RCIA. He filed for an annulment, and we were told it was an easy case (this was before his affairs came to light.) However, we have been unable to get all the testimonys turned in. ...

[/quote]

:bible1:
But seek ye
[size=]
first[/size]
the kingdom of **God
and **his** righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

+In the deep shadow of the . . . **Holy Bloodstained Cross* . . . of our wonderful beloved . . . Jesus Christ . . . our Crucified Lord and Saviour. . . *

The Lord entrusted my life with the blessed opportunity to serve Him as a church secretary for twenty plus years . . . and having worked deep in the heart :heart: of Christ's Church for many years . . . I find this truly to be one of the oddest threads . . . WOW! . . .

The original poster . . . as a Catholic . . . willfully chose and chooses . . . completely of her own free will . . . to continue to cohabitate with a man . . . and legally be bound to him in a civil marriage union . . . which has proven to be utterly toxic and unclean and infected with dreadful evil . . . and has willingly continued in this bondage state of cohabitation for well over a decade now . . . and has born several children within this union over these years . . . which unsanctified union . . . in the eyes of God and our Holy Mother Catholic Church **. . . constitutes her . . . **as a Catholic . . . to have been living for years and years in the state of . . . the gravely serious mortal sin of . . . **adultery . . . with another woman's husband** . . .

By the original poster's own statements . . . this couple encountered yet again the profound and gravely serious . . . reality ** . . . via a Catholic RCIA class . . . that their union is invalid, adulterous and unsanctified . . . and that in order for the man the original poster chose . . . and continues to choose . . . to cohabitate with as a Catholic in an unsanctified civil union . . . **outside the Holy Catholic Sacrament of Marriage . . . to even become a Catholic . . . an annulment **of the man's first marriage . . . **had to be obtained . . . *(and this has not happened)* . . . before the blessed state of membership in the Holy Apostolic Roman Catholic Church could come to pass . . . and then . . . and only then **. . . could and would the grave problem of their invalid marriage . . . in the eyes of the **Christ and His Church . . . be dealt with through proper holy channels within the Catholic Church . . .

The original poster's premise revealed in this thread is . . . very strangely skewed/warped . . . basically it appears from her posts that she strongly has felt and still feels . . . in her own mindset . . . utterly . . . entitled . . . to continue by her own free will to live in grievous . . . sin . . . and bear and raise children in this toxic unholy state and environment . . . without seeking the holy SINLESS** Pathways of God** . . . and walking therein by faith through God's *gracious provision . . . in **Christ Jesus* . . . daily . . . with her Saviour . . . and following Him **and keeping **His holy commandments as her Lord . . . and following in the . . . Holy Pathways of God **. . . through our wonderful **Holy Mother Church's holy guidance and directions . . . in the poster's entitlement delusional mindset she expects our Most Holy God . . . evidently as her personal lowly servant . . . to . . . **"come a-running" *. . . and bail her out of the mess she has chosen . . . and she continues to choose . . . to continue to live in separated and apart from **God's* healthy . . . wholesome . . . clearly revealed . . . wonderful pathways of life prepared for His beloved redeemed children through the Catholic Church . . .

***[size=]. . . :coffeeread: . . .[/size]
If we want to know what **God **thinks of
[size=]sin,[/size]
let us look at **Jesus
in His Passion. ~ Bl. Columba Marmion. **

*In dedication to the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart . . . *

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . **our Crucified Lord+
. . . thank ou Blessed Virgin Mary our Mother+
. . . thank You Sweet Spirit of our Holy God+
:signofcross:

[/RIGHT]

I'm really sorry you've experienced all this trouble. I'm praying for you but I don't think what you need is a "miracle" persay. What you need is a good collection of smaller blessings in order to get out of this crisis and God has a way of providing those. It sounds like you've got some of those already. For example, job, insurance, health, older car (probably paid off), These are things that alot of women in your situation don't have to work with. The other stuff you need will be there, I'm sure. Sadly, there's been alot of marital disharmony in my family and I've come to realize there is a right way and a wrong way to go about this kind of thing. (It makes a HUGE difference to the kids!) Anyway, here's my list of things, based my experience in a family where no one can seem to stay married very long, that might help make things better.
Do NOT threaten to leave unless you are actually prepared to do so within 24 hours. This is extremely upsetting to the kids to see their family torn apart and it doesn't need to be a weekly or nightly occurance.
Do NOT leave without a place to go. (Unless you or the children are in danger.)
DO arrange to discuss the specifics of your seperation with your husband within a reasonable time frame. Bring a witness if you need to. Your children are not appropriate witnesses.
Do NOT fight in front of or discuss fights with your children or badmouth their father to them or in front of them.

DO get a temporary custody and child support order if you can't agree. (It turns out it's much easier and cheaper than it sounds.)
Do NOT lie to any judge, attorney, public worker, family member, friend, coworkers, or above all your kids about the father of your children in order to improve your chances of custody, child support, or alimoney. If you do, it WILL haunt you. (Embellishments count as lies.)
Do NOT date anyone until you are in a stable situation. (Personally, I think you should be anulled first but the main thing is don't go right into a relationship out of desperation when you aren't done with the first one. Two of my sisters did this and it nearly cost one of them custody of her child.)
Do NOT move yourself or your children in with any boyfriend.
DO abide by whatever the judge says in regards to temporary custody, visitation, or restraining orders. (Unless you percieve a real, immediate threat to your child's safety. That does not mean, "Well I think he might have his cousin Ricky over there and I know he smokes dope." or "I can't let him take them to the zoo! He never remembers to reapply sunscreen!" Both are actual excuses used by my cousin to defy a visitation order.)

Anyway, that's my advice from my disfunctional family. (My mother jokes that my family can't seem to get marriage right but at least they've gotten much better at divorce.) Keep concentrating on the small blessings. They come around much more frequently than miracles. I'm praying for you.

[quote="Jesus_123, post:33, topic:247310"]
:bible1:
But seek ye
[size=]
first[/size]
the kingdom of **God
secretary for twenty plus years . . . and having worked deep in the heart :heart: of Christ's Church for many years . . . I find this truly to be one of the oddest threads . . . WOW! . . .
[/RIGHT]

I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints,* and you, my brothers and sisters***, to pray for me to the Lord our God.

You are right that I have sinned, I am not perfect. I appreciate you reminding me that I have some serious confession time with our Lord for this matter, I deserve your harsh words. I made a mistake by marrying him, a HUGE mistake. In my defense, I was told before the marriage, that his annnulment would be an easy case, and would take very little time. But, there is really no defense, since it was wrong. And, I must beg God for his forgivness in that.

Yes, we do cohabitate, in that we live in the same house, however, we are no longer, umm... physical in any way.

If I should suffer for my mistakes, so be it, but my children are innocent and they should not have to suffer from him.

Minor corrections: we have been married not quite *4 *years and have *2 *children.

I will defend myself on two points:
- One is that is that I do not feel entitled to continue a relationship with this man. I feel trapped into it. I would love to get out, but the protection of the children is most important to me. If I could somehow get the children out with no future contact with him, I would.
- Two is that I do not see God as my "servant," I see him as my Father. I hope and pray that he will see my case as lessons learned and show mercy and forgiveness upon my sins. Or, at the very least take pity upon the children.

Thank you for your comments and I beg for your prayers.

[/quote]

I pray that God will wrap His loving arms around you during this difficult time and help show you the path that He has laid out for you. When I struggle with difficult challenges, and yours is certainly one of those, I try to remember, Jeremiah 29:11:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

[quote="MiracleNeeded, post:35, topic:247310"]
I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints,* and you, my brothers and sisters***, to pray for me to the Lord our God.

You are right that I have sinned, I am not perfect. I appreciate you reminding me that I have some serious confession time with our Lord for this matter, I deserve your harsh words. I made a mistake by marrying him, a HUGE mistake. In my defense, I was told before the marriage, that his annnulment would be an easy case, and would take very little time. But, there is really no defense, since it was wrong. And, I must beg God for his forgivness in that.

Yes, we do cohabitate, in that we live in the same house, however, we are no longer, umm... physical in any way.

If I should suffer for my mistakes, so be it, but my children are innocent and they should not have to suffer from him.

Minor corrections: we have been married not quite *4 *years and have *2 *children.

I will defend myself on two points:
- One is that is that I do not feel entitled to continue a relationship with this man. I feel trapped into it. I would love to get out, but the protection of the children is most important to me. If I could somehow get the children out with no future contact with him, I would.
- Two is that I do not see God as my "servant," I see him as my Father. I hope and pray that he will see my case as lessons learned and show mercy and forgiveness upon my sins. Or, at the very least take pity upon the children.

Thank you for your comments and I beg for your prayers.

[/quote]

It sounds to me like you've done the best you can and you ought to move forward. Despite how bad you may feel, you are NOT trapped. God always goes before you and he isn't going to make you do it alone, but he isn't going to do it for you either. It's going to be hard, but you can handle this the right way. Call up the church for spiritual support, call your family for emotional support, call SVDP for financial support if you need it.

[INDENT]+
:bible1: Matthew 17:19
Jesus said to them: Because of your unbelief. For, amen** I** say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove from hence hither, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you.

:bible1: Matthew 19:26And Jesus beholding, said to them: With men this is impossible: but with God all things are possible.

:bible1: Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking on them, saith: With men it is impossible; but not with God: for all things are possible with God.

:bible1: Luke 1:37
Because no word shall be impossible with God.

:bible1: Luke 18:27
He said to them: The things that are impossible with men, are possible with God.

:bible1: Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that cometh to** God*, must believe that **he* is, and is a rewarder to them that seek him.

:bible1: James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
[/INDENT]
+

. . . thank you Holy Mother Church+[/RIGHT]

+My pray:gopray2:er is that . . . no one . . . who has read . . . or will read . . . this thread . . . including the original poster . . . in any way . . . will believe for one second all the multitude upon multitude of . . . "it's impossibles" . . . "I don't believes" . . . if onlys . . . if . . . if . . . if's . . . ad infinitum . . . which the original poster has riddled this thread with to rationalize her gravely disordered choices as a member of the Body of Christ and our wonderful Holy Mother Church . . . and her continuing . . . of her own free will . . . to arbitrarily choose . . . even as expressed in her latest post . . . to deliberately continue to live with another woman's husband . . . the last "if-excuse" expressed being to hide behind her children she has born with this man . . . wherein she delusionally is flatly refusing to even acknowledge that their children are just as much his as hers in the eyes of the civil law upon which her union is based . . .there appears to be no firm purpose of ammendment and holy change for Jesus Name's Sake in this poster's life . . . God's and the *Catholic Church's * ways still just don't seem to suit her desires, purposes and plans . . . this is a tragic choice . . . and a great sadness . . . the salvation of this poster's soul and the souls of her children are in serious jeopardy . . .

May all and everyone in touch with this thread embrace St. Margaret Mary Alacoque's healthy and wholesome wonderful encouragement to a deeper walk with our Holy God shared in the below quote . . .

[INDENT]"Think no more of what people say, but of pleasing the Heart :heart: of Jesus alone, according to the lights He will give you. He loves you and He will never allow you to perish, as long as you trust in **Him*." *- St. Margaret Mary Alacoque[/INDENT]

. . . **Sacred Heart :heart: of Jesus+
. . . **have mercy
+
:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

[quote="Jesus_123, post:39, topic:247310"]
+My pray:gopray2:er is that . . . no one . . . who has read . . . or will read . . . this thread . . . including the original poster . . . in any way . . . will believe for one second all the multitude upon multitude of . . . "it's impossibles" . . . "I don't believes" . . . if onlys . . . if . . . if . . . if's . . . ad infinitum . . . which the original poster has riddled this thread with to rationalize her gravely disordered choices as a member of the Body of Christ and our wonderful Holy Mother Church . . . and her continuing . . . of her own free will . . . to arbitrarily choose . . . even as expressed in her latest post . . . to deliberately continue to live with another woman's husband . . . the last "if-excuse" expressed being to hide behind her children she has born with this man . . . wherein she delusionally is flatly refusing to even acknowledge that their children are just as much his as hers in the eyes of the civil law upon which her union is based . . .there appears to be no firm purpose of ammendment and holy change for Jesus Name's Sake in this poster's life . . . God's and the *Catholic Church's * ways still just don't seem to suit her desires, purposes and plans . . . this is a tragic choice . . . and a great sadness . . . the salvation of this poster's soul and the souls of her children are in serious jeopardy . . .

May all and everyone in touch with this thread embrace St. Margaret Mary Alacoque's healthy and wholesome wonderful encouragement to a deeper walk with our Holy God shared in the below quote . . .

[INDENT]"Think no more of what people say, but of pleasing the Heart :heart: of Jesus alone, according to the lights He will give you. He loves you and He will never allow you to perish, as long as you trust in **Him*." *- St. Margaret Mary Alacoque[/INDENT]

. . . **Sacred Heart :heart: of Jesus+
. . . **have mercy
+
:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

[/quote]

That's enough of that! You have no way of knowing what's in this woman's heart. It is clear that she says she wants to do the righteous thing. She shoud be encouraged to do what she can do to right the situation, not publicly shunned for what already has been done and cannot be undone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.