Miracles attributed to Islam

Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ!

I am across this YouTube video documenting Muslim’s claim regarding a miracle attributed to this martyr whose body remains incorrupt.

How should we perceive this as Christians? My first impression was it’s an enactment or worse yet Satanic, but then I stopped myself to take an objective approach.

Any thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=HOZweO2OUi4&feature=player_embedded#!

We don’t know the truth behind this body, the video might be misleading.

One book on Islam that I read related that Muhammad was asked to perform a miracle, and he refused, stating that the Qur’an itself was a miracle.

I’ve heard Muslim apologists respond by saying just because Mohammed refused to perform a miracle at that time does not mean he was incapable of performing miracles.

Why should a muslim reopen a coffin after 22 years, according to Islam burial must not be delayed, even for martyrs.

And as stated above the Quran was supposed to be the only miracle.

It says the bodys of martyrs will not decay and have a wonderful smell, still opening a coffin after 22 years is not a practise approved of by Islam.

Somebody made this reply which I Think is quite logical:

The big clue that gives away this fake shia dubbed nonsense is that the white shrouds are…well… still white! If he had been buried they would have thrown soil/dirt over the sheets, so the sheets should be blackened, or unless you are telling us the Shrouds do not decay either. After 2 weeks the clothes would have decayed at least.

It might be a real miracle, it might not be.

My faith is not primarily based on miracles, Christian or non-Christian.

I’ve never thought much of incorruption. It is known to happen to all sorts of bodies of all sorts of belief systems.

Some Muslims will point to a miracle reported in the Quran.
The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder. And if they see a miracle they turn aside and say: Transient magic (verse 54:1-2).
A popular Islamic tradition states that Muhammad split the moon after the pagan Meccans asked for a miracle.

A wise approach I think and I actually think Muhammad acted rightly if he refused to perform miracles simply because people were asking him to do so. God is not a conjuror to be commanded thusly.

Jesus gave much the same response when he was asked to give a sign.

Yes, I think Mohammed knew this fact so “acted” accordingly.:smiley:

MJ

Of course it is just. Jesus 630 years before Mohammed already set the example.

MJ

Curious on how you found the video? Was it for example from a newspaper or tv link?

From the Islamic forum link below; my avatar name is John Paul.

gawaher.com/topic/740180-modern-islamic-miracles/#entry1270164

Your brother in Christ,

Thanks Augustine. Good for you participating in the Islamic forum. The link coming from a forum such as this does not change my skepticism. Who knows who posted the video…and who the person is (dead or alive) in the coffin.

God Bless,

Pork

Very true.

“If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him." [Deuteronomy 13:1-4]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.