Miracles of Christ

Why do we not see the same kind of miracles from Jesus in our modern day? For example, raising the dead and controlling the weather. thx

I'm no theological expert, but I'm pretty sure it's because Jesus is no longer on Earth.

In all seriousness, though, I'ma assuming that you are talking about great miracles from saints and such. I think that the Church does have an official statement on it, but I can't recall it's wording at the moment.

Are you hanging out with great Saints? Like the first apostles? I've seen lots of miracles. They take intense prayer, faith, and fasting.

[quote="Regina_Love, post:3, topic:314625"]
Are you hanging out with great Saints? Like the first apostles? I've seen lots of miracles. They take intense prayer, faith, and fasting.

[/quote]

You've seen a miracle?:eek: When, where, what?

[quote="ejp123, post:1, topic:314625"]
Why do we not see the same kind of miracles from Jesus in our modern day? For example, raising the dead and controlling the weather. thx

[/quote]

St. Faustina prayed for rain and it came, page 417 of her Diary.

"The heat is so intense today it is difficult to bear. We are all thirsting for rain, and still it does not come. For several days the sky has been overcast, but there is no rain. When I looked at the plants, thirsting for rain I was moved with pity, and I decided to say the chaplet until the Lord would send us rain. Before supper, the sky covered over with clouds, and a heavy rain fell on the earth. I had been saying this prayer without interruption for three hours. And the Lord let me know that everything can be obtained by means of this prayer."

[quote="Regina_Love, post:3, topic:314625"]

[/quote]

I don't feel that intense prayer is always require, but to pray from love, caring and trust.

I have seen miracle too and i recalled once, i did just a simple prayer for a dying soul. I knew that God cans do everything but i didn't make much of it and let it in God's care. To our chocking surprise, this person came back to health miraculously and she was given a couple days to live. She died 10 years after (which i asked God to grant her 10 more years if it was ok with her also).

Anyway, i made one prayer out of love for her sister, which i knew she wasn't ready to lose her and i prayed God to grant her 10 more years.

No miracle is difficult to God, sometime, we are asked devotion it is true and our patience can be tested but at other time, our prayer can be granted right of way, if God choose too.

Love and blessings!

We had a healing miracle here in our Diocese. A Lummi boy, healed of a flesh eating bacteria. Through his healing, St Kateri was cannonized.

There are miracles everyday, but they are not covered in the press. Nor are they advertised by the Church.

I had a friend who went to Lourdes and was healed. But he was not interested in discussing it, he just wanted the healing so he could spend time with his son as he grew up.

A miracle takes place at every Mass.

Bread and wine are changed into the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ in Catholic Churches all over the world every day.

-Tim-

AMEN

A priest here once told of praying over a person who had died. The person came back to life, smiled at them, shook his head, and died again.

[quote="ejp123, post:1, topic:314625"]

[/quote]

Miracles happen all the times. It is more of whether we believe in them. When Jesus performed miracles not everybody believed.

There are so many examples. Conversion stories can be so evident of our God working in our lives in miraculous ways. Encourage you to watch the conversion story of Kelly Nieto, former Ms Michigan and former aethiest. The first 30 minutes is pretty amazing. This is one of my favorite JH episodes over the last few years.

youtube.com/watch?v=2N99Jn4fsH8

Pork

Here is a remarkable story.

bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/11/10/rita-klaus/

Here is a story of a leg regrowing.

therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/english_pdf/Calanda.pdf

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.