Miracles, resources needed

Hey folks,

I’m giving a talk in about a month and a half on miracles. I need some faithful resources for some miracles. Books that give the stories of the miracles would be the most helpful. Also if there’s any resources on what standards / procedures the CC uses in determining miracles.

I’ve already ordered Joan Carroll Cruz’s books on Eucharistic Miracles and Incorruptibles so healing miracles would be the most, most helpful.

Thank you, God Bless, :signofcross:
Poor Knight for Christ and His Church

In the book "Life of the curé d’Ars [st. J.B.M. Vianney] there is a whole section (with eyewitness testimonies on miracles worked on behalf of the girls home the Cure D’ars started.
Such as a very small amount of flour making a massive amount of bread, the grain shed being filled with flour overnight supernaturally, and a pot of vegetable stew that the Cure was ladling out in huge helpings to the girls, yet not running out until everyone had had their fill.

You can read the book free online here: And you can read the chapter headings, or search the book for Providence.

archive.org/details/lifecurdarsstjb00monngoog

from traditionalcatholic.co/

regards
Jay

I have a book by Bob and Penny Lord. I used to watch their videos when I had cable and could watch them on EWTN. They knew Mother Angelica.

They wrote a couple of books about Eucharistic Miracles, and they also did a DVD/Video about them, traveling through Europe.

Here is a link to their website, where you can take a look at their books and video if you are interested:

bobandpennylord.com/miracles-of-the-eucharist.htm

I’ll try and share a few. :slight_smile:

**Eucharistic Miracle of Poland, Sokólka, October 12, 2008 **

Sokólka, October 12, 2008 (Part 1) – (PDF: 1.41M)
Sokólka, October 12, 2008 (Part 2) – (PDF: 1.31M)
Sokólka, October 12, 2008 (Part 3) – (PDF: 1.41M)

**Eucharistic Miracles of Argentina, Buenos Aires, 1992 - 1994 - 1996 **

http://s12.postimg.org/yonghq74t/IMG_1.jpghttp://s28.postimg.org/6oatbkjz1/IMG_2.jpg
(Pictures out of the book ‘Reason to Believe’ by Ron Tesoriero)

Buenos Aires, 1992 - 1994 - 1996 (part 1) - (PDF: 1.46M)
Buenos Aires, 1992 - 1994 - 1996 (part 2) - (PDF: 1.42M)
Buenos Aires, 1992 - 1994 - 1996 (part 3) - (PDF: 1.25M)

Eucharistic Miracle of Italy, Lanciano, 750 A.D.

Lanciano, 750 A.D. (part 1) – (PDF: 186k)
Lanciano, 750 A.D. (part 2) – (PDF: 194k)

Miracle of the Sun - Fatima

patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2014/10/so-that-all-may-believe-the-miracle-of-the-sun/

The Image of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe’

catholic.org/about/guadalupe.php (A miraculous image worth a thousand words which converted thousands of Aztecs).

Shroud of Turin

news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150417-shroud-turin-relics-jesus-catholic-church-religion-science/ (Just one article I could find in a quick search, but there is so much in regards to the Shroud of Turin as much of it has been recently under scientific investigation). The 1988 Carbon dating tests have been proven false, due to them being done on a corner of the cloth that had been repaired around the 1200s.

Why the Shroud of Turin continue to elude science

Anyway, these are just some of the ones I have enjoyed. :slight_smile:

*‘My belief in miracles cannot be considered a mystical belief: it is founded on human evidence, as is my belief in the discovery of America. It is, indeed, a simple logical fact that hardly needs to be recognized or interpreted. The extraordinary idea going around is that those who deny the miracle know how to consider the facts coolly and directly, while those who accept the miracle always relate the facts with the dogma previously accepted. In fact, the opposite is the case: the believers accept the miracle (with or without reason) because the evidence compels them to do so. The unbelievers deny it (with or without reason) because the doctrine they profess tells them to do so.’ * - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Mysteries Marvels Miracles: In the Lives of the Saints by Joan Carroll Cruz

Found this very interesting.

I’m a troll-ey-poley and I’m going to…infest your house with roaches!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.