'Miraculous' results from new MS treatment

A pioneering new stem cell treatment is reversing and then halting the potentially crippling effects of multiple sclerosis.

Patients embarking on a ground-breaking trial of the new treatment have found they can walk again and that the disease even appears to be stopped in its tracks…

…The treatment is being carried out at Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield and Kings College Hospital, London and involves use a high dose of chemotherapy to knock out the immune system before rebuilding it with stem cells taken from the patient’s own blood…

More:
telegraph.co.uk/news/health/12104774/Miraculous-results-from-new-MS-treatment.html

Thank you for the information!

Wonderful news. As a former Executive Director an my local MS Society, I know how many lives this disease has affected, mostly between the ages of 20-40, the prime of life. I was always proud that the majority of MS contributions went to research and patient care.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.