Miserable time

This has been a very hectic last couple days for me, and unfortunatley my amnesia is getting worse... again. Several things can trigger it, la family get togethers is one, trying to pray the rosary is another, and I think what really brought it on, or made it worse was hearing my brother was taken to the ER New Years Day because he got so drunk. Mom was telling me about how he sounded like he was thinking about suicide, and how worried she was, that he wasn't answering the phone, so she called the cops. My brother is still suffering from the past abuses he went through.
Please pray for him, but also that my amnesia gets better and stays away. I hate it!!!!! Every time I try to pray the rosary this happens!!!! I want so much to be able to pray it without amnesia knocking on my door,. Right now there are quite a dew times during the day I catch myself wondering who my husband or kids are, then I remember. I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will this ever get better:mad: :confused:(

I will pray for you and yours Katie. May God flood you with His Peace.

Lord please help Katie_Trina to find ways to cope with stress, as stress isn't helpful to her memory troubles. Please help her to build new mental pathways with whatever program or technique can help her to creat them. Please help her to acquire the skills she needs to relax.

Katie Trina, it's hard for many people to stay focused on the Rosary. Many people become distracted.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Keep praying, the closer you get to God the less the devil can harm you!!
Love, ljubim

Praying for you Katie_Trina and your family ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you and your brother. May you find strength in the Eucharist to always be patient with yourself in your situation. (At least you can still pray somewhat - a very good thing! Just repeating the name of JESUS is a very powerful prayer. You can pray the rosary on the computer on special web sites, if you think it would help out your situation.) I pray that your brother gets a deep spiritual healing so he can better cope with the abuse of his past. May he turn to Jesus in prayer and in the Eucharist for strength, healing and for the unconditional love he so desperately needs. I pray that you and your brother can be comforted by the Lord at the Mass and during quiet moments alone with him. God bless! Amen.

Praying for you.

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.