"Miss California to Campaign Against Gay Marriage"

From the Associated Press: “Miss California to Campaign Against Gay Marriage

Good for her. And God bless her.

She’s showing such courage. God Bless her.

I agree, good for her. It would have been easy for her to give a politically correct answer on that stage, but she stuck to her morals.

It shows, I think, that she can think for herself. I am very impressed with this young lady.

I wish her all the best

She is a brave young lady and I have alot of respect for her - too many people take the easy way out -

“When good men do/say nothing… evil triumphs”

You go girl !:extrahappy:

I agree she was courageous to answer as she did in the pageant, but how is she showing courage by taking a job?

I’ll ditto that!

Because it is fashionable to maintain as Frank Rich does in this column, that anyone who opposes gay marriage must automatically be a bigot. She knows that she’s in for years of abuse from gay marriage activists, many of them celebrities, for championing traditional marriage.

On the other hand, she is being celebrated as hero by the other side of the culture wars.

I’m sorry that Perez Hilton ambushed her with his inappropriate question and his even more inappropriate remarks afterwards. She didn’t deserve to become a symbol of the culture wars. I would certainly be horrified to suddenly become a household name because of such an incident (not that I would qualify for a beauty pageant…). But now, she seems to be relishing the attention she is getting.

The subject has gotten weird:

"LOS ANGELES — Shanna Moakler, co-executive director of the Miss California Organization, has confirmed the group behind the pageant paid for Miss California Carrie Prejean’s breast implants, weeks before she competed in Miss USA.

In a new interview with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush, Shanna confirmed the news.
“Did you guys pay for it?” Billy asked Shanna directly.

“Yes,” Moakler said. “We did.”

The organization paid for Carrie’s breast enhancement prior to her competing in the Miss USA pageant, which was held in Las Vegas, almost two weeks ago. “It was something that we all spoke about together,” Shanna said referring to herself, Carrie and Keith Lewis, Shanna’s co-executive director. “It was an option and she wanted it. And we supported that decision.”

msnbc.msn.com/id/30495983/

Yeah, she has a right to her opinions, but stating a personal belief and campaigning against something are different things.

When she can provide me with a good legal argument for why gay marriage should be banned, I’ll respect her. Simply saying you think something should be illegal is not particularly intelligent or brave.

Plus, I hardly consider her as a shining example of Christian morality. She has made a career out of vanity and pride, which is a sin mentioned more than homosexuality. She contributes to the decline of so-called Catholic family morals as much as any gay person.

Thanks to Perez Hilton’s attempt to hijack the pageant, she is now the unofficial winner.

If you for gay marriage, I can understand your displeasure of her fight against it.

If you’re not, you should be ashamed!

And why shouldn’t she campaign against it?

The gay are doing it. Don’t be ridiculous. Think the rest of us are sitting ducks?

When she can provide me with a good legal argument for why gay marriage should be banned, I’ll respect her. Simply saying you think something should be illegal is not particularly intelligent or brave.

She doesn’t need to provide you anything. The sources for legal argument is all over the net if you care enough to look it up. On the other hand, if you have a chance to meet her, maybe you can ask an hour of her time to give you a good lecture on it. That’d work too.

Plus, I hardly consider her as a shining example of Christian morality. She has made a career out of vanity and pride, which is a sin mentioned more than homosexuality. She contributes to the decline of so-called Catholic family morals as much as any gay person.

Why not let God decide this, huh?

She should campaign against hate crimes like the one she was a victim of.

And the relevance to the topic at hand is???

Most, if not all the “gay” people I have known have had a compulsion to “shake it up,” and shock people. The bigger the shock, the bigger the thrill. The more bizarre the better.

I believe it is a major personality disorder. The fact that it is not only accepted, celebrated and pushed, but, attempts to demonize the other side, indicates the same disorder and self-destructive path our society is on.

I once worked with a guy who was proudly “gay”, and “married” to another co-worker. I happened to know this guy had AIDS, because I overheard him tell his doctor, when he was at the hospital as a patient, that he did NOT want it placed on his chart that he had HIV. (We both worked there).

This person would intentionally “injure” himself, and bleed all over the place. “Accidently” cutting himself and whatnot. What is more, whenever this guy was on, you could be sure a patient would “crash”. It got to the point where I would half-jokingly ban him from entering any of my patients’ rooms. Pateints would mysteriously go “bad”. It was serious, but, I couldn’t prove anything. (Does munchhausen’s by proxy mean anything to anybody?)
He would get thrilled, absolutely elated and excited when someone was crashing. He would be the first to fly into the room, etc.

He disliked me because I was in charge over him, and he did not fool me the way he was able to everyone else. He seemed to have an odd obsession with me in particular. When I transferred, he later transferred to the same floor. He told my boss not to ask me about him as I discriminated against him because he was gay. I had never even alluded to that particular fact. He knew I thought he was touched, though.

I, of course was upset to hear he was coming, and he told everyone I hated him because he was gay. I just said, “Watch the body count”. Well, it turned out that I was right. And my coworkers knew it, and saw my side of it. This guy caused all kinds of problems, and ended up being investigated by the police for a patient death. God protected me from that situation, because I would have just lost it.

I took note of the bizarre and perverse behaviors, and I see similar behaviors in the gay community in general. I am sure not all of them are that screwed up. But, at the very least, they seem to get some perverse sexual pleasure from the whole thing, and other bizarre behaviors. I have had more than a few friends who were gay. Their lives have all taken a dive. Every single one of them. It seems to be the symptom of a bigger problem.

When are people going to wake up? Is it something that comes over them? There are so many in positions of power and money that behave in these bizarre ways. And the rest of us go along like a bunch of morons. It’s like the saying, “Common sense isn’t.”

We need to pray, fast, and pray some more, because our society has gone off the deep end.

O Rly? And what evidence do you base this sweeping generalization on?

The same could be said for the anti-gay organizations and activists. Or for your post, in which you demonize gays generally, and one gay in particular.

Uh huh. Sure. And why are we to trust your judgement here? Were you reading his mind? Given your sweeping statement at the beginning of your post, I don’t think you have much insight into the motivations and behavior of others.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.