missing mass

so im in afganistan and i usually go to mass every sunday with a friend. shes not catholic but wants to become one. she was is mormon. anyways she said she doesnt feel good today and wants to stay home. I said ok but thats where the problem starts. i dont know anyone that goes to catholic mass like a do and its company policy that we utilize a battle buddy system where ever we go. since mine is sick and just doesnt want to go today im stuck here. is this ok to miss mass or is it still grounds for mortal sin cause im skipping.

should i break the rules and just risk it?

just to let you know im not a priest

but

firstly tha;nk you for serving for us,

and secondly it doesnt seem you are skipping on purpose so i dont think you have anything to worry about

[quote="Niji, post:1, topic:304802"]
so im in afganistan and i usually go to mass every sunday with a friend. shes not catholic but wants to become one. she was is mormon. anyways she said she doesnt feel good today and wants to stay home. I said ok but thats where the problem starts. i dont know anyone that goes to catholic mass like a do and its company policy that we utilize a battle buddy system where ever we go. since mine is sick and just doesnt want to go today im stuck here. is this ok to miss mass or is it still grounds for mortal sin cause im skipping.

should i break the rules and just risk it?

[/quote]

Is it company policy because of the inherent dangers if you go out alone? Try to contact the priest and discuss your situation with him.

Invite another buddy to come to Mass with you. You never know who might be interested to go - Catholic, non-Catholic Christian, atheist. Pray that God gives you a buddy to go to Mass with you.

Do not break the rules. God calls us to follow those in authority over us. Plus, the rules are for safety.

Tomorrow or next time you see a priest, ask him after Mass how to deal with the situation.

If you do not get to go to Mass, look up the readings for Sunday's Mass. Read those and spend extra time in prayer.

God bless you and watch over you in your journeys. May He send you someone to go with you so you can attend Mass.

Can. 1248

§2. If participation in the Eucharistic celebration becomes impossible because of the absence of a sacred minister or for another grave cause, it is strongly recommended that the faithful take part in a liturgy of the word if such a liturgy is celebrated in a parish church or other sacred place according to the prescripts of the diocesan bishop or that they devote themselves to prayer for a suitable time alone, as a family, or, as the occasion permits, in groups of families.

And, if it's that bad, that you can't make it, always resort to Online Mass!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.