Missing Mass?

My family often travel from My town to London very often.

I can’t go to a mass in another church because my parents wouldn’t let me go on my own and wouldn’t go with me either.

I am not actually baptised so I am not properly obliged to go but I am doing rcia and we are told to go every Sunday.

Any tips on how I can celebrate a Sunday without being able to go to mass?

God bless,
Chloe

If you absolutely cannot hear Mass on that Sunday, then I would suggest taking a look and meditating on the readings of that Sunday and perhaps read the Bible, or perform some other devotional activity so as to give due respect to Our Lord’s Day. Try spending some time in recreational or social activities with family. Maybe go for a walk, play board games or watch a movie with your family. Bonding with your family on family is quite appropriate on Sunday. Make sure to take some time off for yourself too to relax, as the Lord’s Day is a day of rest.

God bless,
Facite

I try and pray the rosary and read some of the bible but I didn’t think that was enough?

I was just about to say what Facite said - if i cant make it to mass i usually try and read the readings and say the rosary. I usually go to benediction afterwards to make up for it but obviously in your situation that would not be possible.

I have a lovely prayer you might like to say if you cant make it to mass. Although you cant go, your guardian angel can at your request -but this is only if you really cant make it! If you could go and you choose not to then i dont think this prayer would mean as much.

"**Send your Angel to Holy Mass

O holy Angel, at my side,
Go to the church for me,
Kneel in my place, at holy Mass,
Where I desire to be.

At Offertory, in my stead,
take all i am and own
and place it as a sacrifice
upon the Altar Throne.

At holy Consecration’s bell
adore with seraph’s love,
My Jesus, hidden in the Host,
Come down from heaven above.

And when the priest communion takes,
Oh, bring my Lord to me,
That His sweet Heart may rest on mine,
And I His temple be.**

You know to make up for it you can always go to morning or afternoon mass the next day and resolve to always try to make it to mass on Sunday if you are able to :slight_smile:

God Bless and know that God would be understanding to your situation!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.